Young Kids and the Extra Hour

What's Hot
Yawn, no nice lie-in to enjoy the extra hour here.

Bedtime tonight will be fun as well. 

We usually jump strictly to the new times with meals and the bedtime routine. How do the other parents on here manage the clocks changing?

(Our boys are 2 and almost 5). 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I normally wake up 7:30 ish so this morning it was 6:30. I am going to be tired and grumpy later on!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I leave all that to the missus :)

just kidding, I am not a big sleeper, midnight til 5am usually
  • Gig last night so got to bed at 2am, up with Isla at 7:30 (6:30). I think. Now watching sooty and sleeeeeeeeeeeeepzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.,
  • I didn't even know!! But it figures
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    "Daddy is it wakey up time?"
    "No, it's 6 o'clock Ben, go back to bed."

"No, it's quarter past 6 Ben, go back to bed."

"No, it's 20 past 6 Ben, go back to bed."

"Yes, yes, I suppose it is...."

<yawn>
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72293
    You definitely have to jump straight to the new time and stick to it rigidly.

As much as I detest the whole pointless nonsense of changing the clocks at all, it seems to work the best.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17597
    tFB Trader
    No lie in for me. Daughter just woke up at half five rather than half six. 

I suppose we will try and stick to the new times straight off. 
  • Kept my little girl (3 1/2) up for a special treat, she had a takeaway with us and watched x-factor (the mrs choice not mine) till about 20:30. Woke up this morning at 8:10 (9:10 summertime) probably do similar tonight.
  • Doesnt bother me tbh,
    I usually go to the toilet at 5am, problem is i dont wake up till 6!:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Doesnt bother me tbh,
    I usually go to the toilet at 5am, problem is i dont wake up till 6!:)
    Boom and tish.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    musicman said:
    Kept my little girl (3 1/2) up for a special treat, she had a takeaway with us and watched x-factor (the mrs choice not mine) till about 20:30. Woke up this morning at 8:10 (9:10 summertime) probably do similar tonight.
    same here.  21 month old kept up till 8:30.   made some noise at 6:30 this morning but didn't need to get up to her, settled down and stayed in bed till 8:30 (9:30 summertime).   

I did yesterdays mornings get-up, so today i got to stay in bed until 9:30 - read a whole book and have just treated myself to a bacon and black pudding sandwich
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Whisky in their milk.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17597
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    Whisky in their milk.
    Supposedly gets them off to sleep, but makes them more restless (not that I'd do it).
    Oh yes I let them stay up a bit later last night, so they would sleep longer. About as succesful as an Evel Kneivel jump (for those who remember him)..
    The middle one (5) seems to have a cockerel like ability to get up at first light whatever time he went to bed.
    As for Whisky in the milk, I'm thinking more up to date. Something like a Halon fire suppresion system fitted to their bedroom, but filled with some sort of gaseous Chloroform. With a remote button I can trigger from the bedside table as soon as I hear them scrabbling about. Or is that just a bit too Emp Fab?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    FX_Munkee said:
    Oh yes I let them stay up a bit later last night, so they would sleep longer. About as succesful as an Evel Kneivel jump (for those who remember him)..
    The middle one (5) seems to have a cockerel like ability to get up at first light whatever time he went to bed.
    As for Whisky in the milk, I'm thinking more up to date. Something like a Halon fire suppresion system fitted to their bedroom, but filled with some sort of gaseous Chloroform. With a remote button I can trigger from the bedside table as soon as I hear them scrabbling about. Or is that just a bit too Emp Fab?
    Why use a button? Surely you could rig up the gas release to one of those motion detectors that are part of alarm systems? Red light comes on and bam! They're rendered unconscious by sarin
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I didn't sleep at all Friday night, I went to bed at 6.30pm last night with a couple of sleeping pills and got up at 10.30 this morning. Could go back to bed tbh.
    My V key is broken
    edited October 2013
    Myranda said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    Why use a button? Surely you could rig up the gas release to one of those motion detectors that are part of alarm systems? Red light comes on and bam! They're rendered unconscious by sarin
    I like your thinking but I think a toxic nerve agent might be a liitle harsh. Yes they can be quite irritating at times but...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    My mother used to give me brandy and hot water for any night time ailments. MrsTheweary ( qualified health visitor and sick children's nurse) was rather alarmed when I suggested this for ours.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.