Do you get your '5 a day'

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4980
Vegetables and fruit I mean.  And potatoes do not count as one.  I manage at least four....
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Not always but I'm getting better. Weekdays I have a banana and an orange for breakfast (washed down with a Monster Ripper), snack on carrot sticks and humous through the day and have sandwiches for lunch - whole wheat bread, chicken, a fistful of spinach and salad cream, (two rounds of that). Sometime I chop up pineapple to take to work and have that too.

Dinner I'll have steak or pork chops or whatever with a bag of microwave veg.

Weekends are a free-for-all of booze, takeaways, eating out or whatever. Occasionally in the week I'll go to the pub and have whatever grub they do in there - I never consider the healthy option I just go for it. But that's quite rare - normally I eat as above.

Apart from Monster (or Rockstar depending on my mood) and booze I drink water - I try to get at least a litre a day of water.
    All practice and no theory
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Potatoes don't count?

That's akin to a vegetarian saying, "Lamb? Oh, of course I eat lamb - it doesn't count as meat."
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    plenty of lime in my g&t

apart from that, may be 1 -  certainly no water, cant stand the stuff......seriously  -  apart from some "over priced yuppie juice"  I really dont like the taste of water
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

No, not unless beer is one of them, I'm not a veggie lover.

+1 on the lime in the G&T's Bert.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    cucumber is a good additive too..... but more so for the summer 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

only because I take daily vitamin pills. And that's only because I can't eat the majority of fruit & Veg.

I have chicken and pasta for lunch mon-fri, toast for breakfast and usually toast and soup for tea.

I only have "junk" food one day a week, same with alcohol

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Yes. Its amazing the motivation you get to eat 5 a day when you've had a tumour removed. It almost makes cabbage my bestest friend in the whole wide world.    Even though it does give me the squirts :)

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I basically only eat fruit and vegetables.  Not cos I think I'm going to live forever on it but just because that's what I like to eat.  I no longer bother with bread or rice.  I like a bit of tofu and I think that's about it for processed food.  Oh, soya milk, I like that.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    I don't sit and count or have a strict regime but fresh fruit and veg feature heavilly in the daily diet. I might typically have one take away a week and a kebab with lots of salad cant be all bad (ok thats a lie). 2 or 3 pieces of fruit a day (lunchtime) and whatever veg with the evening meal, a stir fry might have 6 or more different veg in it.

We grow some seasonal fruit and veg ourselves but nowhere near enough to live on, it's just enjoyable to get fresh home grown food.
    I have a sweet tooth so substitute honey on the breakfast cereal and have tea at work without sugar (but not at home).

If I could eat smaller portions and stop snacking I'd have a healthy diet.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    bertie said:
    cucumber is a good additive too..... but more so for the summer 

You can get cucumber-flavoured gin now!