Advice please ! I need a good value acoustic for playing and recording

What's Hot
I've not played an acoustic for years , but I had fun in the studio this weekend playing one , so I'd like to get one . I'm looking for something easy to play , 6 string and good enough quality to get a decent recording of it next time I'm in the studio. I'm after something that's good value and probably 2nd hand . I had a seagull 12 string many years ago that I liked , and I didn't like the epiphone acoustic that the studio had . I don't have a budget in mind , but I'm trying to spend as little as possible and I want to know what's out there that's worth looking at . Any advice for me ?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Yamaha LL16ARE - £600 new and probably half that second hand. 
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Vintage V300 and V400 have award after award and can be grabbed for less than £200 new, maybe half that secondhand; well worth looking at.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavage said:
    Vintage V300 and V400 have award after award and can be grabbed for less than £200 new, maybe half that secondhand; well worth looking at.
    The Vintage V300MH is LOVELY, sounds good and is cheap too!
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I bought a used Recording King off eBay, recently, and it's fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• woodywoody Frets: 74
    I second recording king..very little to touch them at price.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Sigma also make great acoustics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    The X series Martins with the HPL back and sides are actually really good.  I bought one because I don't like carrying my HD28V in a gigbag on my bike.  I'm blown away by how good it is.  I've played guitars that are 3 times the price that don't sound as good.

The purists look down on it because it's not all solid wood, but if you are not a snob over that then it sounds good and it has a reasonable pickup factory fitted.  I got mine for £530 new, so you should be able to pick one up second hand for £300ish.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Seagull, are nice in that price range.