SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Small body acoustic £250 budget [SORTED]

What's Hot
uberkraaftuberkraaft Frets: 3
edited August 2015 in Acoustics £
Looking to buy a small body acoustic - something smaller than a dreadnought - as a guitar I can keep at work for lunchtime playtime.

Currently have a pretty basic Yamaha that I managed to drop & split open but tbh it's all laminate and the sound is pretty thin. It's a good time to get something with better tone, even if it is just a 'beater'.

Ideally looking for something with a solid top, 14 usable frets, nut width 45mm+, no pickup/electrics, suited to fingerstyle. Budget limited to £250 inc postage where appropriate (based in Essex)

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Denial of signature.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I'd recommend a Sigma TM series, they go for about £230, and apart from crappy tuning machines, they are really good guitars. I don't own a TM, but have another Sigma, and have tried a TM series guitar. They have 2 models, a Spruce/Mahogany (TM-12), or an all Mahogany (TM-15).

They are both Solid top, and laminate back and sides.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @olafgarten Thanks ;) - Yeah, I've been looking at those & was thinking of trying one out. I will now. Was thinking I might get another level if I found something second hand. Was always disappointed with the noise the Yamaha makes - my main guitar is a Simon & Patrick and it sounds amazing.
    Denial of signature.
  • @Gizmo - Thanks dude, not really what I'm after ;)
    Denial of signature.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 554
    Keep your eye out for a Seagull S6 on evilbay or similar. . . . Ive seen a couple recently for sensible money . . I have a Seagull S6+ that I paid £300 for . . . I paid a little over the top for it as I picked it up secondhand but it was absolutely immaculate and it also came with and amazing semi solid gig bag, all the original tags & a couple of sets of Elixirs . . . Its a great strummer, good for fingerstyle and It plays out of its skin, I love it :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• Cheers @maw4neu - Yeah, I've coveted one of those for a long time! Good to here from a satisfied owner ... not sure I'll get one in my budget, but I keep it as a saved search on Fleabay just in case ;)
    Denial of signature.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I have a Blueridge BR-343 that a new purchase has made surplus o requirements. I would be selling it with a matching Blueridge hardcase. Manufacturers description below - 

Blueridge Gospel Guitar has 000 body style with 14th-fret neck joint. It has solid spruce top with classic forward-X pattern, hand-carved parabolic braces. Accurate vintage-style 14:1 ratio gold-plated open-back tuners with butterbean-style buttons. It has high-gloss, vintage Sunburst finish top. Carved select mahogany, low profile neck with, dove-tail neck joint and 25.6 inches scale length. The fingerboard is tastefully inlaid with the Trinity inspired fret position markers of M-O-P. The peghead adorned with a completely original, Cross and Chalice inlay of Abalone and M-O-P, in keeping with the Gospel theme. B/W/B ABS binding with fine black and white purfling on soundboard.

• Hey @Gagaryn - I'm very tempted but I think the 43mm nut & long scale are a deal breaker. It looks an absolute beauty too :( - Thanks though.
    Denial of signature.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    No worries! :-)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4997
    What about a Vintage Paul Brett parlour? They can sound very nice and play very well if set up right. They have electrics fitted but you never know if you might need that one day! You should easily get a used one within budget. They come with a case too.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • @fretfinder Yeah, that looks ideal - I'd love one of those .... Not sure they'll come up very often or in budget though. Thanks though ;)
    Denial of signature.