SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Emerald X20 Carbon Fibre 12 String with Hiscox Case

What's Hot
paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
edited August 2015 in Acoustics £
SOLD

Emerald X20 12 String, hand crafted in Ireland entirely out of carbon fibre. 

Incredibly stable, impervious to temperature and moisture. Low action with plenty of scope to go lower, unsurpassed tuning stability compared to wooden 12 strings and due to its carbon fibre construction won't degrade structurally (like a traditional guitar) over time due to the increased string tension.

Excellent condition, some minor pick marks to the top including one long one which looks much worse in the pics than in the flesh. There is also a very small dimple/deep in the finish on the middle top of the headstock edge, about 1mm across.

Aug 18th price drop £1000 £900 including free P&P in the UK. I'm happy to look into international postage, please contact me for an accurate price.

I'll also open it up to full or partial trades. I'm interested in most fretted acoustic instruments (guitars, mandolin family, banjo), traditional electric guitars, archtops, amps (acoustic or electric), acoustic preamps/outboard/effects, recording gear.

The guitar doesn't have a pickup fitted but the endpin has been enlarged to accept a endpin jack and the saddle slot drilled for a under saddle transducer so fitting a pickup would be very straightforward. Guitar currently has an un-wired endpin jack fitted.

Model is based on Emerald's Opus specification but with the following upgrades:

Full gloss finish
12 string
Fitted Emerald branded Hiscox hard case

With the above upgrades this guitar new would be €2065 (about £1445)

It sounds like this (not mine):

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Wow , that looks amazing, I wish I had a spare 1000, what a brilliant looking guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    mrchi said:
    Wow , that looks amazing, I wish I had a spare 1000, what a brilliant looking guitar.
    Cheers, it's not obvious from the pics but the body is asymmetrical and ergonomically designed which with the bevel makes it a very comfy guitar to play
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    If I find a way to get 1k I assure you that will be mine!
    mrchi said:
    If I find a way to get 1k I assure you that will be mine!
    Shame I wasn't looking to move it on when you had that lovely old Gibson archtop up
  • That really does look amazing, have a bump.
    If you can read this then my time machine works.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Price drop to £900 and trade options added:

I'll also open it up to full or partial trades. I'm interested in most fretted acoustic instruments (guitars, mandolin family, banjo), traditional electric guitars, archtops, amps (acoustic or electric), acoustic preamps/outboard/effects, recording gear.