Ever sold gear to somebody famous??

What's Hot

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Bought a PA when I was at school around 1990 from Tim the Bare Knuckle Pick Ups guy, he was in a rock band called Shea at the time and told us the PA used to belong to a band called China who were apparently known, PA was a Simms Watts.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    sold a Gibson LP studio light to some guy about 17 years ago (had no idea who he was ) and a few weeks later turns up on TV playing it - was cricketer Mark Butcher. Done more work recently for him too

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    I sold a Jap reissue Rosewood Telecaster to George Harrison. Lovely chap, came round to my house and was very sociable.

He was 'George Harrison' in a Beatles tribute band, of course...
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    edited July 2015
    This all puts my ex Quill JCM900 into perspective :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Sold my Mint Epiphone Popa Chubby Flying V to Zack Starkey and another Epiphone... a 1965 SG Vibrola to Tony (aka Paul Weller) in the Modfathers (PW tribute band).

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9611
    I sold my old (1962) AC30 to the frontman of cult 70s/80s Welsh prog-folk band Pererin.
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 161
    No but bought an amp from a guy on Ebay. When I arranged the courier to pick it up from London, the address came up: "Adrian Smith holdings, Dave Murray holdings"...etc. etc. Turns out he was Maiden's tour manager. Very nice chap.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Moss;718315" said:
    [quote="Trotter;718277"][quote="Iamnobody;718220"]Sold a Telecaster to the White Lies roadie which he said was for the band.

It was a jap bigsby custom in sunburst.
    Think he still uses this, we did a few shows with them last year and he was playing a tobacco burst bigsby tele iirc

[/quote]

This one?

http://assets3.xfm.co.uk/2013/49/white-lies-xfm-winter-wonderland-2013-live--1386887691-view-0.jpg[/quote]

Possibly the same body @moss but when I sold it had the rosewood board neck.

Chatting to the guy it seemed like they already a few and it would just be another to add into the mix for backup.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    sold a blues junior to gary moore but he didnt like it and returened so i still got the blues.......il get me coat.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    Vic Flick owned my Epiphone Sheraton (Assembled in USA model) before me, I found out after I sold it on though.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    A few years back, the bass player in my old band bought a used Kramer aluminium-necked bass, which he was told "had a bit of history".  When he collected it, it had "Status Quo" clearly stencilled on the hard case.  We used to idly speculate about which of the hits it had been used on...  Having seen some of the Live Aid footage on iPlayer recently, it's definitely not that one, as the headstock is very clearly Travis Bean-shaped.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    A few years back, the bass player in my old band bought a used Kramer aluminium-necked bass, which he was told "had a bit of history".  When he collected it, it had "Status Quo" clearly stencilled on the hard case.  We used to idly speculate about which of the hits it had been used on...  Having seen some of the Live Aid footage on iPlayer recently, it's definitely not that one, as the headstock is very clearly Travis Bean-shaped.
    I dare say that bass is worth serious money. There are a lot of pics of Lancaster using it - the one he used at Live Aid was a Travis Bean not a Kramer though.

Does he still have it?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I swapped my Dumble with John Mayer for a night with Jennifer Aston...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I dare say that bass is worth serious money. There are a lot of pics of Lancaster using it - the one he used at Live Aid was a Travis Bean not a Kramer though.

Does he still have it?
    As far as I know, yes, he's still got it.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2593
    edited July 2015
    Never sold anything to anyone famous, but bought an amp from Dave Flett.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • 57Deluxe said:
    I swapped my Dumble with John Mayer for a night with Jennifer Aston...
    I heard it's a bit overrated.

The Dumble I mean, not that night with Jennifer Aniston.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I sold an ES335 to Saudi musician Ahmed Adoudi.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    hugbot;718448" said:
    I had an arion flanger that made wonky piano noises and I sold and sent it do someone at Line 6. So I'm hoping theres a wonky piano flanger model in the works somewhere.
    That was me. Sadly I no longer own it and was made redundant from Line 6 UK in April - so don't hold your breath about it getting modelled.

Not sold anything to anyone famous - but I own Matt Deighton's mad psychedelic Tokai Strat (ex-Mother Earth, ex-Weller and ex-Oasis).

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    ICBM said:
    Gassage said:
    ICBM said:
    Gibson EB-2 to the bassist in Jools Holland's band
    Gary Swift.
    That's him. I couldn't remember his name.

I also forgot... HH IC100 - or it might have been a VS Musician, I can't quite remember that either! - head to Lou Barlow (Dinosaur Jr.).
     Dave Swift.......nice bloke, I spent the day at his house when my Dad bought a double bass from him.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I sold a telecaster to Ian Watkins. Told you they were guitars for nonces!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom