Ever sold gear to somebody famous??

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I've done a couple of deal with some mad bloke called Drew_fx. Plays in some folk band I think. Easy to deal with....

And Charlene, my Ibanez RG was previously owned by the guitarist from Aghast (it's painted on the hardcase) possibly called Bean (Bean was on the case in Gaffa tape, I removed the tape, it looked shit).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Drew_fx said:
    I sold a telecaster to Ian Watkins. Told you they were guitars for nonces!
    I didn't realise he was a guitarist, I thought he only played the kiddie fiddle.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    No but Steve Vai has; he sold me his amp.
    Steve Vai wanted to buy my copy of 'Alien love secrets' on vinyl as he said he didn't even know it existed on vinyl. Knowing it was that rare I refused to part with it but he still signed it for me :)
    Knowing it was that rare, and that a presumably considerably wealthy person _really_ wanted it, I'd have named a silly price and tried my luck :)

Yeah, after he'd signed it, obviously - command a higher pice for an autographed one.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    impmann said:
    hugbot;718448" said:
    I had an arion flanger that made wonky piano noises and I sold and sent it do someone at Line 6. So I'm hoping theres a wonky piano flanger model in the works somewhere.
    That was me. Sadly I no longer own it and was made redundant from Line 6 UK in April - so don't hold your breath about it getting modelled.

Not sold anything to anyone famous - but I own Matt Deighton's mad psychedelic Tokai Strat (ex-Mother Earth, ex-Weller and ex-Oasis).

Always liked Matt Deighton & Mother Earth. Definately deserved more recognition.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2398
    Sold a Cheetah MS6 with the Maad eprom upgrade to Rick Wakeman.
    Just remembered I used to have Lou Martin (pianist for Rory Galagher) as my mother inlaws boyfriend, I played his electric piano once, but the guy stank so bad I tried to keep a safe distance mostly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    Sold a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat to Julian Cope a few years back. Exchanged a couple of emails through the deal and he was a jolly nice chap.
    Not gear, but I was once given Ian Mculloch's stamp collection when I was about 7, he lived on my street.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    I sold a boss delay (can't remember what model) to the guitarist out of kaiser Chiefs. Shit story eh
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    I cooked a Cheese Burger and Chips that was sold to football's Ian Wright Wright Wright when I worked in a bar in Hatfield.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Not someone who's already famous but I sold my dual rectifier head to a young lad in an up and coming band who may potentially be famous. If they do make it I hope they remember who gave them a leg up with their sound :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    edited July 2015
    No - but I have sold stuff for someone famous - Peter Gabriel! (Fairlight CMI 3)
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    Sold a Peavey Classic Chorus to Andy Davis (Stackridge/The Korgis).

I asked him if he knew how to use it and he said 'Everybodys Got To Learn Sometime'!!

I also sold a Schecter to Geordie from Killing Joke through his tech Dave. Dave had an amazing goldtop refinish done, fitted a Stetsbar and some P90's and tuners. So I actually just sold Geordie a neck and a body!

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22788
    SNAKEBITE said:
    Page three and the barrel is really being scraped now! :)

I've never sold anything to anyone famous but....

.... I know someone who bought a PRS SC245 from Chappers.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3019
    I bought a Source Audio programmable EQ from ex Black Sabbath, Whitesnake, Gary Moore etc etc bassist Neil Murray. A very nice chap and sent me a signed photo too.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited July 2015
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Alex Kapranos - Roland GR-300 and G-505 controller.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    No music gear but I did sell dog food to the drummer of the manic Street preachers :p ....His missus came in afterwards and filed a complaint because somebody had asked for his autograph. After that, he stayed in the car and his wife came in on her own. Rock stars just want to buy pedigree chum in peace.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    I bought a few bits of gear from Paul Quinn from Saxon in the early 1990's when apparently he was down on his luck. One of those bits was a Scholz Rockman which was used (I was told by his friend) to record some of Quinn's guitar parts on a Saxon album. I can't remember what happened to it but I definitely don't have it now.