What is...

Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
edited October 2013 in Making & Modding
... the average price of a refret? I assume some of you have experience with re-fretted guitars? Are there any pitfalls to look out for when getting a re-fret (I.E. different fret wire sizes on certain necks/fingerboards)?

The neck I'm considering re-fretting is a maple neck/maple fingerboard Japanese strat neck. It can be located on my You Tube channel in my sig (Rory Gallagher - Do You Read Me cover)! I suspect half of the problems with the guitar are old, tired flat frets and the dodgy Fender system I bridge/trem.

Advice appreciated!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26957
    I paid 200 for a maple-neck Tele refret from Feline, including new nut because the new frets were huge and the old were tiny.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I paid 200 for a maple-neck Tele refret from Feline, including new nut because the new frets were huge and the old were tiny.
    Interesting, I was thinking of going for much bigger frets...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    I paid less (than £200) for a fairly major piece of re-fretting work on an ebony boarded guitar - although I chose the luthier based on recommendations for the quality of his work rather than the price.

Look for recommended luthiers (check the thread) somewhere near wherever you are.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.