Amp covers

gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 894
I kind of feel that £40 is quite a lot of money for an amp cover, which is what RoqSolid or Hotcovers charge by the time you've paid for postage. Are there any other companies doing cheap 'n' cheerful amp covers?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They're good quality though and pretty cheap on the grand scale of things. If you have an expensive amp that £40 will pay for itself in preventing cosmetic damage during loading in cars/vans. I've had stuff from both companies and the products are well made and will last.

The cheapo option I've used in the past is to put my amp head in its shipping box.

I had a low cost cab cover - the bog standard vinyl Marshall one. It got binned in the end - it got torn up so much it was probably 1/3 duct tape repair by the time I bit the bullet and ordered a hot covers one. 6 months of shifting that cab weekly and not one tear on the hot covers cover.
  • Considering somewhere like roqsolid make each one to order the cost ain't bad. I've got their covers for my head and three different cabs. Before that I used an old blanket I kept in my boot and a couple of plastic tarps from B&Q if it was raining, but decent covers are worth it, and as the saying goes "buy cheap, buy twice". 
  • SetzerSetzer Frets: 37
    I need a cover too, which one is generally considered the better option the Roqsolid or Hotcovers one? 
    Valar Morghulis
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I just received a Hotcovers one for my 2x12 cab and it's excellent. great service, well made, and will defiantly do the job. As stated already, £40 for a case to protect an amp worth 10-20+x that value is well worth it. 

• HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    I Use Roqsolid covers and they are superb quality. I can't recommend them enough. They have kept my gigging rig in pristine condition. I have a board pocket and hardboard in the head cover which adds extra protection
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    I kind of feel that £40 is quite a lot of money for an amp cover, which is what RoqSolid or Hotcovers charge by the time you've paid for postage. Are there any other companies doing cheap 'n' cheerful amp covers?
    Given the quality of how they made, I don't think £40 is too expensive at all.

If you feel that £40 is too much to protect your amp, I suggest you buy a better amp as the one you have isn't worth protecting :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bertiebertie Frets: 13567
     Are there any other companies doing cheap 'n' cheerful amp covers?
    false economy

if you only want a dust cover for in the house,  and you dont want to spend anything - use a blanket/old t-shirt  or modify a bbq cover
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Old t shirt in the house. Cover for outdoors.

I quite like some dust and grime on my amps. Only a matter of time before people pay silly money for relic amps...
  • I thought you guys would say that but I thought I'd see if there were any other options out there :)

I have bought quite a few covers from RoqSolid and Hotcovers over the years and I suppose I just felt it was worth looking at other options, if there are any. I don't disagree that the covers from those two companies are probably worth the money. For what it's worth, I favour Hotcovers as they are slightly cheaper (when I last bought one anyway), quite a bit quicker to deliver and I think the covers provide more protection than Roqsolid ones. That said, they are quite 'poofy' so if you prefer a more foldable solution, you might prefer roqsolid.

Has anyone tried the basic 'dust cover' option from Roqsolid? I usually go for the standard padded one but to be honest, a fairly sturdy dust cover probably protects against 90% of the scrapes you get while moving amps around.

Has anyone tried the basic 'dust cover' option from Roqsolid? 
    all mine have been the basic ones.   Good quality thick nylon.................  perfectly fine especially for heads or combos with metal speaker grills..................If I was gigging a combo "in  a van"  Id probaly want some protection for the speaker
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Who are that terrible company that never deliver? That's always good for a chuckle.

I've always used Hotcovers, they're quick to respond and frighteningly quick to deliver. If you think they're too expensive then I don't think you're actually in the market for an amp cover.
    Cirrus said:
    Who are that terrible company that never deliver? That's always good for a chuckle.

silverstone
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    I was very impressed with Hotcovers. 
    They delivered very quickly and the cover was excellent. 

• Cirrus said:

I've always used Hotcovers, they're quick to respond and frighteningly quick to deliver. If you think they're too expensive then I don't think you're actually in the market for an amp cover.

Yeah, Silverstone. I had a few covers from them back in the days when they actually delivered stuff. Not sure what happened to them.

I'm not dissing Roqsolid or Hotcovers...I'm sure their products are worth it. As I've said, I've bought plenty of them.