FS: Tele 5-way superswitch by Oak USA, with Jerry Donahue wiring

What's Hot
Possibly a niche market (!) but I had Oxford guitar guru Dave Smart (smartguitars.co.uk if you want to look him up) wire me up a brand new OAK USA 5-way superswitch (which he tells me "has two wafers and extra tags for loads of wiring options"...means little to me) to turn one of my Teles into a Jerry Donahue-type. He wired it all up, and I changed my mind, as you do. So I now have this thing, all nicely wired up for someone who might fancy a Donahue switching system in their Tele. Which goes: 1 Neck with tone out of the circuit; 2  Neck with tone in play; 3 Neck/bridge in phase; 4 Neck/bridge out of phase (great Stratty tone...I have another JD model so I know!); 5 Bridge.

Switch cost £16, two capacitors £3, hour's labour about £30.  

Will sell for £25 shipped. Pix on request. PM me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    This sounds great but the standard 5-way oak super switch is a bit big to fit into a tele with a standard control plate.

I am interested, but would it be okay to see some photos of how it's done?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    Sure thing. Send me your details

Bump. Still available

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Intriguing! I fancy one of them but I just can't justify the cost right now, and I will have nowhere to use it for the forseeable future.
    bump

bump. Still got this

• Hi John, a looooong shot, I have a JD tele that the bridge pick up was changed to something I don't like. I got an original to replace it. The wiring doesn't look right. Would you still have the control plate ? or would you have a picture of the wiring on the plate. Many thanks in advance.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    ACHTUNG! Zombie thread. Luckily, I am in a good mood.

The Fender Jerry Donahue and Peavey Omniac circuit schematic diagrams are now freely available on t’Interweb.

If I recall correctly, the aspect that appears “wrong” about it is the way that the neck position pickup is connected to the switch. 

The double wafer selector switch used in the original Fender USA and Japan Donahue signature Telecasters required the control cavity to be widened at one point to accommodate the switch lugs of the second wafer. 

The switch is now available in a narrow format. Alternatively, control plates are available with the selector switch slot offset at an angle.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    PMd you @colm841 ;