Engl Gigmaster 30 combo - foot switcher advice needed

What's Hot
Hi all,

I've just taken ownership of a rather lovely little Engl Gigmaster 30 combo but I'm confused.  The Engl Z-4 pedal has a single stereo cable that can operate one of three options (there are three 1/4 inch jack sockets) and I am wondering if I could connect something like a Stagg footswitch (http://www.staggmusic.com/en/product_detail/sswb4.html?backp=1) to connect to two of these?

The manual says:

1. Use a dual footswitch such as the ENGL Z-4, connecting it to the amp via a stereo cord equipped
with ¼" jack plugs. You can switch channels and Gain Boost via the dual footswitch connected to
port 20, Mid Boost and M.V.B. via the dual footswitch connected to port 19, and FX Loop Off/On and
Reverb Off/On via the dual footswitch connected to port 18.

The manual itself is here:

Any advice would be much welcomed.

Thanks,

Steve
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Anybody?  I got the Stagg one but, while it changes channel, it reverts when I release the button :(

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It sounds like the Stagg footswitch is momentary if the channel is changing back when you release the button.

Do you know anyone with a latching footswitch that you could test it with?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Captain Toe Knee to the rescue!
  • Toe_Knee said:
    It sounds like the Stagg footswitch is momentary if the channel is changing back when you release the button.

Do you know anyone with a latching footswitch that you could test it with?
    Forgive my ignorance but what is a 'latching' footswitch?  One that actually clicks in and stays pressed?

My band, Red For Dissent