Tele tone not working

Hoping someone may be able to help please! 

I've just done some upgrades to the telecaster - Oil City pickup and a new volume/tone/selector with CTS pots. The old pots that were in there were tiny cheap things. 

I actually got the volume/tone/selector wiring loom years a go, but never got round to using it. It came pre-wired and, to my amateur eyes at least, it doesn't look standard, but I can only assume it had been wired in a working order?! 

Anyway I followed this guide the best I could, bearing in mind that my loom was wired slightly differently in the first place - http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=standard_tele

The lug on the selector that the guide suggests I should be wiring the hot bridge wire to, already had a wire running from it, to the (in the diagram) left volume lug, so I wired the that pickup direct to the same volume pot lug also. 

The problem I have, is that the tone control doesn't seem to do anything. Both pickups are working in all 3 positions, but the tone control doesn't affect the sound at all in any position. 

Here are some photos, not sure if anyone is able to see what the problem might be from these? 

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    That's an Esquire pickup selector. Obviously it's the same switch, but it's wired quite differently from a Tele.

Take off the two caps and the resistor, undo all the wiring, and start again following the Duncan diagram.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    ICBM said:
    That's an Esquire pickup selector. Obviously it's the same switch, but it's wired quite differently from a Tele.

Take off the two caps and the resistor, undo all the wiring, and start again following the Duncan diagram.
    Aahhh... that would explain it then. Ta