SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Martin D-18 Golden Era with 50s rounded neckSOLD

guycpguycp Frets: 30
edited July 2017 in Acoustics £
SOLDFor sale my 2008 Martin D-18 Golden Era. Adirondack spruce top.
Wonderful 50s rounded neck with 1&11/16ths nut. Martin Custom Shop order.
£1800 + shipping £30, with Martin Gleib hard case.
Message me for best offer.

Mahogany back and sides, Adirondack spruce top, bone nut and saddle, Nickel Waverly tuners, Golden Era bracing. Wonderful huge sound, but with clarity and good fat trebles. Very well balanced across all strings. Ideal Bluegrass or American folk guitar. Commanding flat picker, but great for finger style as well.  projects well.

I bought this guitar new in 2008, ordered from Martin Custom shop through My Favourite Guitars, Florida. All specs as D-18 Golden Era except for 50s neck. Neck block stamped 'Custom' (Martin Custom build spec sheet available).

NB. The Martin D-18GE, or 'Marquis' as it was sometimes known, is no longer available in the UK, and used to retail for over £3k when last available. (The standard currently available D-18, although a very good guitar, is not really comparable tonally and has different specs and a sitka spruce top.)
The only second hand D-18GE that I could find online, available at time of placing this advert, in the UK is £3795. The nearest comparable Martin currently available new in the UK would probably be a D-18 Authentic.

Recent re-fret with medium stainless steel frets (no more fret wear!) and neck re-set by Dave King (UK Martin Authorised repairer).
At the same time I decided to have the pickup that I had installed, removed, to return the guitar to it's original condition. The endpin jack was removed & filled, and new endpin installed.

Quite A few dings and scrapes from normal wear, no cracks or structural issues. Decent saddle height.

Set up: just under 7/64ths and 5/64ths, with Martin 80/20 12.5s (medium lights).

Plays easily. Wonderful meaty tone, classic vintage American sound and a very versatile guitar for flat pick or finger style.
Selling due to change of style, - I now play a smaller guitar, and the D-18 no longer gets used.

£1800 + shipping £30, with Martin Gleib hard case.
Will only ship within UK
Paypal fine. Sorry, no trades.

Utube video of this guitar:

https://youtu.be/YwG_Jy8HuH0

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guycpguycp Frets: 30
    bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
    Looks lovely but I don't have that sort of money
    bump
    bump
    edited June 2017
    it's up for sale again, as I have a hankering for a great J-45, vintage or custom shop version.
    Price drop bump
    bump
    bump
    Price Drop now £1800
    Now have Video sample, which is available if you message me with your email.
    (Can't seem to get it linked via Photobucket!)
    Fixed - video link added in description