SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted : Fender Johnny Marr / ‘62 AVRI.

What's Hot
Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
edited November 2020 in Guitars £
Hi. I'm after a Johnny Marr Jaguar in good nick if anyone has one. Not bothered about the colour. Should've jumped on Badlydrawnbanjo's charcoal frost refinish but I was too late thinking it over. Also interested in a '62 AVRI.

Cheers,

Dan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've had a few people say that after the event...

Good luck with your search, they're great guitars.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 230
    There is a johnny marr jaguar in cream at strung out guitars in glasgow. Its got a few bumps and scrapes but plays well. I had a shot but thought the £1200 price was too much and ended up with a st blues from guitar guitar round the corner. I did offer £1000 but never went back to see if owner would accept.
  • For reference, my JM jag eventually went for £850 with the proper aftermarket staytrem bridge and (in my opinion) a smart custom paint job.
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    Thanks for the heads up sw67 but that is a little steep for me at the moment. I remember seeing one at gak for £899 with a couple of miniscule chips. Absolute bargain but I wasn't really on the hunt for one back then. Nearly took a chance on it though. Went pretty quick surprisingly enough! Badlydrawnbanjo, Maybe your charcoal frost will come up for sale again? Annoyed at myself for missing that one. I had enough chances!
    Bump
  • AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    edited February 2019
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    e Bay charge 10% to my knowledge so might be worth making this fella an offer off the market. That's how i got mine.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221863326069&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web
    Cheers. Yeah I have already been in touch actually. I can arrange courier to collect but he doesn't have the appropriate packaging to send it. Think he was hoping to just send it in the case with some bubble wrap from the courier. Probably have to leave it but a good bargain if you live up that way. 
    Bump...
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I know of a thin skin Jaguar that is available if that suits. Daphne Blue with matching headstock - not sure of price but less than a grand, with G&G case and candy etc...
  • Bump
  • Bump
    Bump. 
    Bump.
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 393
    For reference, my JM jag eventually went for £850 with the proper aftermarket staytrem bridge and (in my opinion) a smart custom paint job.
    Now residing at Swiss Heights :)
      :/  
  • badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited January 2017
    johnswiss said:
    For reference, my JM jag eventually went for £850 with the proper aftermarket staytrem bridge and (in my opinion) a smart custom paint job.
    Now residing at Swiss Heights
    Really @johnswiss? I went to buy it back but missed out by a day! Tell him I'm sorry. It wasn't him it was me, I was young and stupid and I've regretted it since the the day he left. 
    Bump
    Bump. Any nice Jags out there? May even consider a Jazzmaster aswell.   
  • Hi Jonathan,
    No probs!! Phew!! thought it had gotten lost in post... I was cursing royal mail... Hope you are feeling better!
    Regards,

Mark
  • Sorry MODS can you delete the above, it's a frigging Friday I need a break!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom