Egnator Tweaker- What say you?

PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
  I have the chance to pick up a used, but mint condition 15 watt Tweaker.  However, I know very little about them.  What's the knowledge base here?  I've been curious about these, as they seem to get good reviews, but have never had the chance to play with one.

Firstly, is $350 US a good price?

The seller said he thought these had been designed for tweaks like tube swaps.  How does that work?  Can you freely swap EL-84s for 6V6's?

Are they reliable?  I won't be getting any warranty with it.

From the pics he sent me, it has a Celestion G12H. and no fx loop.

I've been looking for a low wattage all valve amp for home use.  Mainly like to play classic rock, blues, and country type stuff.  I did want an fx loop, but it's not a deal breaker.

So what do you lot think?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wordywordy Frets: 67
    edited November 2013

started this thread a few weeks back:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/4349/what-do-we-think-of-the-egnater-tweaker#latest

I really like mine, but I haven't had a whole raft of amps to compare it to.

I've a feeling the heads tend to go for £200-250 used, and I'm pretty sure they're all with an fx loop.

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    The tweakers are fantastic little amps, very very versatile.  As you mention the speaker I'm assuming its a combo and not just a head.  The combos retail for $600 at the minute so $350 for a mint secondhand one is a decent price, i'd go for one at that price.  From memory I think you can fit any octal based valve though some need an adaptor.