Line 6 After Sales Updates

IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
I must say I think Line 6 updates are very poor only two updates on the Spider Jam and then no more it's rubbish rant over :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Not even specific to their Spider amps - across the board you're lucky to get more than two firmware updates over four years. I come from a world of software where people EXPECT updates... so it seems strange that products with glaring bugs and omissions go literally YEARS without updates - I'm looking at you M13....
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    If we get enough complaints on here we could link it to there website

• Not a complaint over updates, but I've forgotten my login details for the pod farm software and pod studio hardware to download patches and register it on another computer. The website is shite and seems to not want me to get these details back, not recognising the email address used to register.

Ho hum. I'll need a new audio interface for the computer and modelling software... Any thoughts? I might just get an interface and the Amt Peavey series 2 preamp... But I've no idea which hardware to get.
  • I think there have only been a couple of updates for the pod hd and the variax

• gubblegubble Frets: 1737
    ahh yes the M13 updates annoy me as it's supposed to be their flagship unit from the M series.

And the update method - still can't get mine to work so i'm still running donkey's old software.

If anyone fancies updating mine for me i'll shout you a couple of pints :)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Ianpdq said:
    I must say I think Line 6 updates are very poor only two updates on the Spider Jam and then no more it's rubbish rant over :)

The Spider Jam's been a dead product for years. Didn't sell very well.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Fretwired said:
    Ianpdq said:

That is no reason not to support it they could at lease update the software to repair the bugs in it

• Fretwired said:
    Ianpdq said:

I bought one new. The drum loops were great to jam along with but I sold it before it packed in. 
  • You think that's bad...try Avid with the Eleven Rack. They had the best sub-£1k modeller around, but wrecked it with a total lack of updates (even with some glaring bugs) and a single expansion pack which you had to pay for.
    <space for hire>
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Ianpdq said:
    Fretwired said:
    Ianpdq said:

That is no reason not to support it they could at lease update the software to repair the bugs in it
    Line 6 were a company in trouble - they lost many of their best developers. The bottom line is the Spider Jam didn't sell well - if you look at the Line 6 support forum you'll see a total lack of interest from end users and the company.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    You think that's bad...try Avid with the Eleven Rack. They had the best sub-£1k modeller around, but wrecked it with a total lack of updates (even with some glaring bugs) and a single expansion pack which you had to pay for.
    Yup. Part of the reason I never got one was because it was Avid gear. They've got a very good track record of making their devices obsolete when they didn't really need to - I'm thinking specifically of audio interfaces like the older Mboxes, and even the old PCI TDM stuff nowadays, which wont work with PT11.