Monster Trucks

What's Hot
Bought my eldest lad (6) a little Hot Wheels Monster Truck yesterday, after goggling it we see it's based on a real truck "Northern Nightmare" so we watched a few clips on youtube and he's loving it....and wants to go and see some real monster trucks do there thing.

So back to google and, grrrrrr, we're a month too late for this http://www.monstertrucknationals.co.uk/trucks.html at Santa Pod.

Anyone been to that or similar events in the UK?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

i blame tamiya :-)  image

:D
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's the stuff we want to see!

We saw a clip with the one with the wiggly arms (and a dog with silly ears).

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10230
    Saw Bigfoot at Skegness stadium a few years ago.A bit of car crushing and some serious jumping.It really is an awesome spectacle and the noise it makes is absolutely brutal.And it can bloody shift too.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Maximum Destruction
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • If you can get the Extreme Sports channel Monster Jam is on pretty regularly
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • If you can get the Extreme Sports channel Monster Jam is on pretty regularly

Nope, freeview only here. Plenty of online clips for my son to watch.....but we want to see (and hear) it for real (or at least the UK version)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Jeremy Clarkson in about 1996, driving Bigfoot...

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited August 2016
    Necrothreadbump....a year later and we had a great family day out at Santa Pod yesterday for the UK Monster Truck Nationals...certainly a smaller event than the US stadium shows but it was great....and plenty of old bangers and caravans destroyed.

"Swamp Thing" had a bit of a mishap on it's final run...(driver got out uninjured)

My 7 year old lad was very proud he got it on camera...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • there is another Motor Madness next month (sun 18th) at Leicester Racecourse, not as good as your santa pod one as its more of a car show with a monster truck demo. still if you are not far away and your lad wants his fix it might be worth considering.. we went to the last one and will be going to this one.. great piccy opportunities.

Cool, I'll check that out as yes it's not far. 

The US trucks are coming over for a Monster Jam event in Cardif in a week or so, sadly we can't make it for that. 

I'm in the mood for necro-bumps today.....

It's once again time for the UK Monster Truck Nationals at Santa Pod (this Sunday).....vroom vroom vroom.
  • Sold out!  Bummer.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Damn it, going to be away. Would be great to take the kids otherwise..
    edited August 2017
    ....back in a bit, can't post pics!

Monster Bump...as the Monster Jam UK Tour is on for 2019. 

Recent years they’ve just been to Cardiff but this year they have a mini tour including Manchester and Coventry (which is a lot easier for us to get to than Cardiff). 

Vroom vroom vroom. 

https://www.monsterjam.com/en-GB

• HaychHaych Frets: 5596

I won tickets to Monster Jam at Cardiff last year, took the kids with me, it was a great day out. 

Top tip; take ear plugs if you do go, especially if it's a stadium or indoor event like it was at Cardiff.  Eight methanol powered supercharged V8s running at full chat without silencers together in an enclosed environment is chuffing loud!

They do sell ear defenders at the merch stores but naturally they're ££££ :O

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

Haych said:

I won tickets to Monster Jam at Cardiff last year, took the kids with me, it was a great day out. 

Top tip; take ear plugs if you do go, especially if it's a stadium or indoor event like it was at Cardiff.  Eight methanol powered supercharged V8s running at full chat without silencers together in an enclosed environment is chuffing loud!

They do sell ear defenders at the merch stores but naturally they're ££££ :O

Yeah, I take my kids to airshows and motor racing so they have their own ear defenders.