Help! - What amp do I want?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
I only play at home. I fancy a different amp, something not too mad and powerful, needs to be played quite most of the time. I have very limited knowledge of amps.

• I currently have an H&K switchblade amp, but I have never really bonded with it. I want to get something a bit less big and powerful. 
• I like Satriani type tones, and SRV type blues tones, and sparkly clean Fendery tones. 
• I'm OK with modelling amps, and I really like the idea of a head (if not too massive) and cab. The room I play in is small, so I usually sit on the amp, which makes it hard to alter. If I had a head I could park it on the table top. 
• Ideally I like built in reverb and delay, they are the only effects I use and I can't be bothered with pedals.

Any suggestions gratefully received ....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JSX mini colossal for better tone perhaps?  Never used one myself.

For modelling, the Blackstar ID 60 combo :) Or ID30 or ID15.  I'd go for the ID60, can be a head, too.
  • Yamaha THR10, like a small head but no need for a cab. :)
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    saw a fender superchamp xd on here for £150. 
    or try maybe a vox valvetronix.
    Id go for the superchamp personally.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited November 2013
    I would be tempted to try a HT1RH (or a HT5 if you need the EQ) if you can live without the delay, I managed to get a great satch and SRV tones out of mine.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3901
    edited November 2013
    Try a Fender Mustang. I find the 2 is the ideal home amp (and I've had a few!).
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    Superchamp XD are terrific... I have one for sale haha also a Fender G Dec for sale too which is great home player amp for little money & you can play backing tracks along with it or yr ipod etc. Hook it up to FUSE on laptop & you got the works.

The Yam THR10 is also good. I just picked one of those up & great lil sound for such a small beast. Great that you can pick it up & take it with you to any room & noddle with it. Also play yr ipod thro it if you wanna laze outside to music. Very versatile & the effects & amp sounds are pretty good especially if just for indoors (same as me !) Built in tuner too.

You are welcome to look at all 3 to see if they help you eliminate some off the list but I bet you are up North not Essex ? Something in the food & beer up there produces guitarists I reckon LOL

Cheers
    Baz

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited November 2013
    axisus said:
     I usually sit on the amp, 
    which may be why you're not hearing the sounds you want to......................very directional things guitar speakers, you get surprising tonal differences just moving about, but sitting right on top if it.......... hmmmm

The THR is a good choice,  great fun and surprisingly big sound for the size,  I love mine.  
    Having had one, I wouldnt particularly recommend an HT1 for your 'choices'   not quite a one trick small horse, but the cleans/warm are pretty..........meh   
    The best sound I could get was the clean channel cranked, which still required an attenuator in a 10' x 10'  room
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    why don't you just use your Flextone3??
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    @bertie I generally sit on the amp but I have actually listened to it properly at times!

@welshboyo The flextone is OK, but I'm not getting the gain sound I'm looking for. 

Thanks for the advice people!