Had no idea this existed

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
edited November 2013 in Amps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRpktoE7UU

Sounds AMAZING

Sadly, it doesn't seem to have the gain the bandit has, but it sounds pretty amazing.  Nice chorus tone, too, and the drive sounds are very nice for classic through to modern hard rock, just not the proper heavy.  I might see if I can try one as an alternative to the new bandit I am seeking.

Spring reverb, too.  And an effects loop! The only thing it's missing is the emulated out, but at 100 watts into 2x12 inch speakers, you probably have all the volume you'd ever need...  Not sure if it has the footswitchable boost the Bandit has, either.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I noticed it on the guitarguitar site a couple of days ago. Not very bothered about the chorus really but that looks like a decent gigging combo. There is a seperate pedal for the boost ( not supplied I think) and it has an Fx loop.
    Hmmm. :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Yeah, it looks cool. I like a bit of chorus, too.

Yup, it does have footswitch boost. And it sounds better than the old stereo chorus amps they did, although some of those sounded amazing clean anyway...
  • Yeah, it looks cool. I like a bit of chorus, too.

Yup, it does have footswitch boost. And it sounds better than the old stereo chorus amps they did, although some of those sounded amazing clean anyway...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72314
    It does sound very good, although it's not recorded at quite a high enough level to make it really shine, I don't think.

I'd rather have tremolo than chorus and digital rather than spring reverb though - really, modern spring reverbs generally sound a bit crap and are unreliable. A digital lets you have a reverb type control as well.

I'm not *quite* ready to replace my Trem-o-verbs yet :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How would it compare to a Fender Mustang IV v2? :)
  • ICBM;74497" said:
    It does sound very good, although it's not recorded at quite a high enough level to make it really shine, I don't think.

I'd rather have tremolo than chorus and digital rather than spring reverb though - really, modern spring reverbs generally sound a bit crap and are unreliable. A digital lets you have a reverb type control as well.

I'm not *quite* ready to replace my Trem-o-verbs yet :).
    Well if I get one, and you wanna trade...? :p

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited November 2013
    Google says this came out at NAMM 2011. So recent enough to have had some decent digital Fx rather than analog chorus and spring reverb. But liking that it is a gigging oriented amp. The Mustangs ( although internally quite different) seem more like big home amps. They don't have the plug in and go simplicity of this for a start.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Looks like a lot of amp for the money. I like the fact it has analog chorus and spring reverb, but then I'm a traditionalist.

Only downer is that it seems the reverb and chorus are switched in and out together, and not individually.
  • Yeah that is a bit of a shame. Minor point really, but the sort of thing that can really annoy you in some situations. I'd only really use both on clean tones anyway, but that's besides the point.

I loves me analogue chorus (well, and digital) but I prefer digital reverb modelling. Springs can make some godawful noises! That said, looks like a solid gigging amp. And no valves to bugger (equals cheaper) and, being a Peavey, is probably going to last longer than I will.

I don't think I'd choose it over a bandit, but I'd like for the bandit to have chorus. It does have an effects loop anyway though...