Vox AC15C1 Reverb Problem

dandldandl Frets: 36
Morning All, So I plugged in my AC15C1 last night for the first time in ages and the reverb has basically disappeared. You can faintly hear it but all the depth has gone! Does any one have any ideas please as to why this may be. I may be wrong but I don't think it's a dodgy valve as I don't think it's valve reverb.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Yes, the reverb is solid-state. Check the connections on the reverb tank, it's possible one has come loose. If it's not that, chances are it's a broken tank - these can sometimes be fixed if it's a wire that has come off in a repairable place, but not always.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dandldandl Frets: 36
    Thanks ICBM, Is the tank easy to get at on this model? I'll give it a go but I'm a bit crap when it comes to fiddling with stuff!
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    The reverb tank should be in the bottom of the cabinet, held in a black wallet/bag type which has a popper at one end of it (if memory serves me well)
    Thank you Mr Gubble, I'm off to find my screwdriver now. Wish me luck :)
    Well I've unscrewed the back, checked the leads are fully plugged in and re-tried and its still the same. The irony is its sat unused for a little while and I only checked it as I want to sell it as it just doesn't get the use it deserves. The reverb now although not as the manufacture intended is really quite nice. It's nowhere near as unusable and massive as it was before! Would anybody have any other ideas please or this a case of send it to an amp tech?
  • Would cleaning the reverb control pot work perhaps?