New Pedal Day - Hendrix 70th Aniv Univibe (aka - aquired for super stupid low price)

danodano Frets: 1592
edited November 2013 in FX
imageI was in Hong Kong last week and popped into my favourite guitar shop there, spotted this Hendrix 70th Anniversary Univube on the shelf with and with a reduced price. Needless to say my credit card was straight out of my sticky paws !

Worked out about £88, versus the 149 new in the UK the were originally, and the are going for ~£200 on ebay. Bargin ! :)

They had the several of the other two Hendrix Anniversary pedals there too, might see if they are still in stock nexct time I'm back.

Been playing it all weekend at its ace, might get some time on my board in place of my PH-1R phaser.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• danodano Frets: 1592
    edited November 2013
    imageimage
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2013

Nice one. I got mine and the Fuzz Face new when they came out. Love the Univibe and the footprint of the Fuzz Face still makes it a better bet for me over the new round mini version. I sometimes regret not getting the octavia as well, but I'm not that keen on the effect...but if I had the chance to get one for £88 I would!

• No idea how they sound, but that's a cool looking pedal!
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Did you get that from Tom Lee in (or near) TST?

Are there any other decent guitar shops that you've found in HK??  I've not found any unfortunately.
  • Love mine.  Also have the Fuzz Face, it was not_the_dj's posts about these on the MR forum that pushed me over the edge.

• danodano Frets: 1592
    shuikit said:
    Did you get that from Tom Lee in (or near) TST?

Are there any other decent guitar shops that you've found in HK??  I've not found any unfortunately.
    Yes the big one in Tsim Sha Tsui. I've bought loads of stuff from there over the years, including a very nice Fender Tele.  There is a Tom Lee in Wan Chai which is worth a look, smaller store though. The other Tom Lees through the area I don't think have much stuff.

There is another good guitar shop in Mongkok if you come out of the MTR station and head towards the Carrefor supermarket and it's just past that on the left. I didn't go there on this particular trip.

There is / was also a good guitar shop in the Times Square shopping centre on about the 8th floor, quite good stock from what I remember.