Fender Acoustics - Opinions?

What's Hot
I have been seeing a lot of Fender acoustics lately and I was wondering what people's opinions are of them.

I really dislike the Strat style headstock but other than that they look really nice. Are they decent guitars or would money be better spent elsewhere? (I'm not looking to buy, just curious)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    They're almost all good for the money, although none are really outstanding acoustics… if you see what I mean. A little generic in terms of sound and specs, but they're well-built and play well.

For what it's worth I much prefer the ones with the Strat-type headstock and I think it's a total cop-out that Fender makes anything else! It's their headstock, they should use it. Without it they're just another mass-market acoustic, albeit with the quality and marketing power of a huge corporation behind them.

If they were good enough for Elvis, Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Oddly, my brother got rid of his Guild, which I really liked, and got a Fender which he really likes.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Played a Chinese one yesterday. It was very generic and dull and for the cash I'd take a Yammie all day.
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1707
    edited October 2015
    photo 30F1E146-1B44-4878-8BB2-459668E7C313_zpsqoedcl8q.jpg Here's a 65 fender new porter. These original ones are outstanding guitars
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    musicman100;812322" said:
    Here's a 65 fender new porter. These original ones are outstanding guitars
    That is an amazing looking thing!

It looks mint (as in 'in very good condition' as opposed to the usual Mancunian meaning 'very good').
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1707
    edited October 2015
    I love my vintage new porter, not sure about the Far East reissues tho

It looks mint (as in 'in very good condition' as opposed to the usual Mancunian meaning 'very good').