Why must I fall in love with expensive things...

gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

I've been loving reverb of late. And I've really enjoyed my ridicuously cheap Behringer RV600. But, it does distort a bit on full wet, and the selection knob for the modes is a bit finnicky.

Here's where it gets tough. I've always liked the look of the Blue Sky, but couldn't really work out a justification for £250 worth of ambiance. Afterall, it's more of a sit in your bedroom on Sat afternoon effect, and not so much live.

But, how the hell can you justify half a monkey on one of thee glorious things?

http://www.andertons.co.uk/Products/i/xl__bigsky.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Meh to Strymon. High fidelity characterless pedals for the most part. Get yourself an Alesis Quadraverb rack unit if you want great delays and shimmers to mess around with at home. 

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    ^ Second that meh. Neunaber Stereo Wet. Much nicer

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

HHmmnnhh. Maybe need to give it some more thought then. I do like the idea of it been quite easy to operate though. I think the fiddlyness of a rack unit would man that I wouldn't get the most out of it.

I know the Neunaber gets a good write up, but with much less controls than either the blue sky or the big sky, can it cover as much ground?
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557

I have a couple of strymon pedals, I love their functionality, build quality, clean/low noise operation, but do agree with others that they are a bit lacking in character.

Not sure that I would want a rack mounted unit, but hey if you have a rack set up?

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited November 2013
    Rack units seem to do it all. I remember asking about them at the old place, and a quadraverb pretty much covers everything and is really easy to use*

*apparently
  • gusman2x said:

HHmmnnhh. Maybe need to give it some more thought then. I do like the idea of it been quite easy to operate though. I think the fiddlyness of a rack unit would man that I wouldn't get the most out of it.

I find pedals with multi-function switches to be far more difficult to use than rack units. Racks aren't difficult to use at all. A used Quadraverb will cost you around £50 on Ebay and they sound great. The Bkue Sky reverb didn't impress me one bit. It's hard to justify the cost at home when plug-ins are cheaper and better. For live use, a Blue Sky is overkill.