SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No Longer for sale

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
edited December 2013 in Amps £
I have decided to keep the Marshall, no longer for sale!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    bump
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    Would you trade for a Gibson Les Paul? I could sweeten the deal with a handjob. Make sure you wash your hands first.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You prick ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump.
    Bump; would probably swap for a Kemper or an EVH5150 100-watt head.
    bump.
    Any swaps considered at this point... I really fancy a modern sounding metal orientated amp. At least three channels; perhaps Blackstar Series One?? I dunno...

If you've got a 3 channel amp, and you're interested in a swap. Send me a PM.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • See what you can get at Coda trading the JVM against one of the 3 channel Dual Recs they have? Probably wouldn't get near £900 for your amp from a shop though.

Parallel loops IIRC which may be a deal breaker.

I think you'd be unhappy with the 104EL34 S1 if you prefer the EVH to the JVM to the point you want to sell the Marshall. 1046L6 is worth a look if you find one, the shared EQ is less problematic than on the 104EL34 (OD1/OD2 are voiced more closely IMO) and it sounds bigger and more metal. Be aware the 104 heads are about 27kg and the weight is more at one side than the other.

I'd prefer the money to be honest, but would entertain an amp swap. Don't really want to trade with a shop for exactly the reason you mention! I wont be too cut up if I have to keep it coz it isn't a shit amp by any means, and I probably would use it for recording and what not. But at the moment I just see some cash tied up in a bit of gear that I'm not using right now!
  • Yeah, that is exactly why I sold my Blackstar after getting the Roadster.  I liked it but I knew it wasn't going to be first choice anymore and it was too valuable to keep just in case I needed it for recording.