Newbie to electrics really struggling

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• andypandyp Frets: 183
    Aye, my main hobby is motorbikes but there are so many mentalists on some of the forums that I only use one bike forum now and I refuse to go on Pistonheads etc. as it's a nightmare. I looked at a few guitar forums and found this one the best right from the off. It's not easy being a new member on a forum as nobody knows who you are, and it's even worse when you're new to the subject too but this one has been super welcoming and helpful.

I've learned loads from this forum and there's always something worth reading.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 50
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but does the 12 Bar Workshop still run at Northgate, Crawley?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 1581
    Can you shed any light @HAL9000 ? I've not been for quite a while now.

• TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 35
    The electric guitar requires a very different right hand technique compared to an acoustic. With an acoustic you can strum open chords and sound great. With the electric, especially with some dirt, it took me a while to learn to narrow/reduce the sounds. Play fewer strings, palm muting, etc.

Practice!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 3807
    Can you shed any light @HAL9000 ? I've not been for quite a while now.

@Adey - Yes it still runs on Tuesday evenings. Please PM me if you'd like more info.
    It might look like I'm listening to you, but in my head I'm playing my guitar.