SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Electro acoustic guitar...

jake_the_pakejake_the_pake Frets: 25
edited November 2013 in Guitars £
Hey all,

I'm after an electro acoustic to be diddling around with at home. Nothing spectacular really, budget around £175.

Most makes/models considered - I'd prefer solid woods if possible and a decent pickup system (in built tuner would be lovely). Some kind of a bag/case would also be good.

Along the lines of Freshman FA's, Yamaha APX's, Epi EJ's and Ibanez EW's would do the job. But like I said - I'm open to suggestions.

I'd also consider a decent acoustic with separate pickup if the right combo came along.

Im in stockport, Manchester and am able to collect to a reasonable distance for the right guitar. Would also accept postage if something is well padded etc.

Let 'em rip!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The Yam APX or CPX's are good at that sort of mulah. You should be able to get a nice one in a case for that. I would also suggest that you get down to dawson's and check out Farida although you wouldn't get one new in a case for that.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Seriously, if it's for playing at home just buy a nice acoustic. You'll be struggling to a get a good all-solid-wood acoustic for £175 anyway, and pretty much impossible with electrics I think. Electros are always a compromise and you're paying for a lot of stuff that doesn't go into making it sound better. You can always buy a pickup later if you need to amplify it.

You can get a TC Polytune tuner app for your phone for £2.99 that beats just about everything else I've used.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• jake_the_pakejake_the_pake Frets: 25
    edited November 2013
    Yeah a friend has an apx500ii which I quite like so that's a good option.

Its more for the ease of recording really that I'd go for the electro. I'm not playing live these days but hope to still get some recording done. I don't have mics or anything like that so electro is a good option for me. I hear your point though :)

Also, this post was supposed to be in the classifieds, apologies for that. I've just tried to move it under the editor but if it hasn't worked could a mod be so kind?
  • I've got a tanglewood TW45 small bodied acoustic (jumbo folk I think they call it).

It has a cutaway, tuner and b band electronics built in.

It's pretty much spotless and I've extolled its virtues on here in the past.

Might sell if you're interested because I need the cash for tools. 

I'm in Middleton. 

(laminated sides, cedar top).
  • mcvwmcvw Frets: 3
    I've got a very nice Takamine ea440sc. In almost mint condition. Am located in Surrey, but don't have a gig bag or case for it :(
  • Potentially interested in the Tanglewood. What finish is it? Got a bag/case for it? How much are you looking for?
  • RichRich Frets: 18
    edited November 2013
    If it's of any interest, I've got a Vintage VGA900N I'm looking to move on. Looks and sounds lovely, and plays really well. Has Fishman electronics, which work perfectly. The top's solid, but not the back and sides. Based in Leeds, but could post it too (have a gigbag/box for this), and would be looking for around £150...

• Anything else going before I make a decision?