29 things Michael Brecker wants you to know

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Brilliant clip. Thanks for that. I'm a HUGE Brecker Brothers and Sanborn fan so it was enlightening to see what a humble chap Micheal Brecker was given his extraordinary skill. 

The first time I ever heard 'Heavy Metal Bebop' , probably back in '78 it was like someone had set of an explosion off my brain. I just couldn't believe that people could play like that!

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsql said:
    Brilliant clip. Thanks for that. I'm a HUGE Brecker Brothers and Sanborn fan so it was enlightening to see what a humble chap Micheal Brecker was given his extraordinary skill. 

The first time I ever heard 'Heavy Metal Bebop' , probably back in '78 it was like someone had set of an explosion off my brain. I just couldn't believe that people could play like that!
    I first heard Heavy Metal Bebop in about 2005 and too was blown away by it.  Especially the opening tune East River and that first lick - incredible!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Appreciate the link, nice one @bingefeller. :)
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    edited September 2015
    equalsql said:

I first heard Heavy Metal Bebop in about 2005 and too was blown away by it.  Especially the opening tune East River and that first lick - incredible!
    For me it was 'Some Skunk Funk"  it was just unbelievable to hear a band play something that complex back then.. but with such a killer groove!.... And Breckers solo with the wah pedal is just fecking awesome!

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"