NPD(ish)

MattGMattG Frets: 170

So I have some money coming in for my birthday and ive got some stashed away for the odd treat so i accidentally bought myself one of these: http://www.rotosound.com/fuzz_reissue.php
It arrived today 2 working days after i ordered it so no complaints here but as my birthdays not until the end of the month i only took it out to give it a test and make sure it works.
upon removing it from the box the top of the volume knob fell clean off where it hadn’t been glued on properly, normally this wouldn’t be worth noting but the pedal is brand new and has a retail of £250!
for that money i expect the knobs to at least stay on until ive had a chance to knock them off at a jam night, but the issues didn’t end there, i removed the back to check that the battery was installed and with just the force required to hold the pedal the enclosure bends that is how thin the metal on it is, the jacks on the top of the pedal are wrong way round so it is a pain to connect to other pedals, its size make it unusable on anything but the largest of boards(which i have but is pretty damn full) also despite the sites claims that this pedal is a vintage reissue made to suit modern pedal architecture there is no LED and you cannot run it off of the mains.
So its construction lacks attention to detail and it isn’t particularly rugged, it lacks modern features found on most pedals even modern reissues and the size layout and lack of DC power make this a real pain to take out and about if it is going to be anything but your only pedal.
However the hand wired insides are meticulously done and everything is very neat and tidy and my only comparisons for this have been fulltone,mojo hand FX,Catalinbread and Monkey FX and the quality of wiring and soldering is easily up there with them.
And for all its faults I switched it on and all was instantly forgotten and forgiven...
With my PRS SC245 i got beatles,kinks and led zepplin tones that were absolutely perfect the sound of the fuzz was gloriously old school and the sustain is fantastic making it great with the fuzz turned down slightly for rhythm or with the fuzz whacked right up and the neck pickup engaged for soloing!
with a combination of both pickups i got some rather cool zz top sounds and fantastic clapton tones.
I moved over to the telecaster and instant rolling stones so enough said there.
i cannot get over just how good this pedal sounds almost every setting on it is great for something.

I handles everything from classic rock through psychedelic to punk and even blues this does it all :)
It may have its faults but for me its definitely a keeper although at £250 it was certainly very steep and i was incredibly lucky to pick this up for a mere £99 delivered and at that i think purely for the sound it is as steal! :D
but alas away it goes for the next 3 weeks :(

apologies for long thread its my first of these

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Glad you like it.  Not to be negative or mr party pooper..but these things only sound great while they work.  The issues you describe would be ringing alarm bells for me and I'd be thinking about sturdier alternatives while it is still within the time limit for returning it.
    Just sayin'
    ;)
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I doubt itll die on me the insides are all rugged enough i just think that the enclosure is going to be batter, bruised and dented in no time, but if i find anything more compact and DC powerable that sounds as good then i'll trade it in in a heart beat.
    May even be worth getting a new enclosure made up for it...