SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Eastman AC420 Dreadnought All Solid Sitka Rosewood with baggs anthem £450

paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
edited October 2015 in Acoustics £
Reluctant sale but I need to make space and have realised I prefer 1 11/16 rather than 1 3/4 on a dread, really good guitar this for relatively little money.

Excellent condition Eastman AC420, structurally identical to the E8D but with differing cosmetics and without the volute.

All solid sitka over rosewood, all hand made and very loud and responsive. Allegedly these were reverse engineered from pre-war Martins, I'm not sure about that and they certainly don't sound exactly like a Martin, they have a sound of their own which the following video captures well 

Low action and loads of saddle height.

It has the full Baggs anthem system fitted, with phase, blend, battery check etc.

Includes original fitted hard case also in excellent condition.

Some very light surface scratches to the rear and top from pick, shirt buttons etc (too minor to show in photographs) – they would probably buff out.

The only significant damage is dent in the neck finish from the strap button being over tightened, it currently has a strap lock fitted but a normal strap button with felt washer would probably cover the damage.

There are loads of additional photos in thus photo bucket album http://s570.photobucket.com/user/paganskins/library/Eastman AC420?sort=3&page=1

Free P&P in the UK and I'm happy to look into EU postage, I estimate European P&P to be up to £50 – I'll refund any difference if the cost is less.

Eastman say:

Popular choice for flatpicking & live vocal accompaniment. Solid spruce top, solid rosewood back & sides with extremely dynamic response, from soft picking to hard strumming. Full-bodied tone and room-filling volume.

Body Dimensions: 16″ X 4 23/32″
Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
Bracing: Hand-carved Scalloped X
Rosette: Inlaid Abalone
Back/Sides Wood: Solid Rosewood
Body Binding: Ivoroid
Neck Woods: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Ebony
Nut: 1 3/4″-wide Bone
Scale Length: 25 1/2″
Frets: 20 Nickel – Silver
Inlays: Pearl Dot
Bridge/Saddle: Rosewood/Bone, 2 5/32″ Spacing
Tuners: Chrome-plated Ping
Strings: .012 – .052 Bronze
Available Finish: Natural Gloss Finish
Case: Hardshell Case Included

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042

I'm potentially quite interested in this, but will need to track one down to have a try.  I work near Denmark Street in London so will see if I can find one there. 

Wish this had come up before Sunday as I was at the Acoustic Guitar show and Eastman was there...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• McToot said:

I'm potentially quite interested in this, but will need to track one down to have a try.  I work near Denmark Street in London so will see if I can find one there. 

Wish this had come up before Sunday as I was at the Acoustic Guitar show and Eastman was there...

Looks like Ivor Mairants have a few eastman dreads in but not rosewood ones. The AC320CE would be very similar but spruce over mahogany and the E10D has the same bracing pattern but an adirondack top which would add in some more sparkle and overtones.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    McToot said:

Looks like Ivor Mairants have a few eastman dreads in but not rosewood ones. The AC320CE would be very similar but spruce over mahogany and the E10D has the same bracing pattern but an adirondack top which would add in some more sparkle and overtones.

Thanks.  I'm not in London again till Friday (and too busy to be able to slope off now).  I'll look into it.  It's funny - I've bought about 15 electrics without having tried them before, but for some reason I don't want to do that with an acoustic... Unless you make me an offer I can't refuse...
    ;)

I'll switch to PM when I get a chance to look one up...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Bump and I'll open this up to trades as well.