Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are you stressed?

What's Hot

Comments

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    18, but once current housing issues are sorted that will drop quite a bit.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28331
    2. The only thing I scored on is that the wife irritates me sometimes!

Right now actually!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4910
    I can't believe I only scored 4 - I demand a recount.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    i got 28...

And I'm 16 ffs...
    This is what GCSE's do to people. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • holnrew said:
    25, it's only temporary though, until I start working. Not saying that I won't be stressed afterwards.
    When you start work you exchange one set of stresses & worries for another
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • When you start work you exchange one set of stresses & worries for another
    True, but I always find the "what to spend my wages on" stress much easier to deal with than the "making ends meet" stress of not working ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Scored 5, I never stress over things out of my control though. And I have a cat ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited November 2013
    When you start work you exchange one set of stresses & worries for another
    True, but I always find the "what to spend my wages on" stress much easier to deal with than the "making ends meet" stress of not working ;)
    except that when you're working you're liable for poll tax, you have to maintain your vehicle so you can get to work, and your general expenses rise dramatically. At the end of the day you've got just as many worries, and I've found that I don't have the what to spend my wages on question to answer because they're already earmarked/spent before I get them 

edit IDS bleating about making work pay only applies to how much HMG can get out of you in direct taxes and indirect taxes like VAT on things you have to have because you're working. he never meant YOU would be better off in work, only that the state will be better off because you work.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Scored 5, I never stress over things out of my control though. And I have a cat ;)

Yeah, I thought it was a bit biased when they didn't put a "Have you got a cat?" question in the quiz. I reckon I could have lowered my score from 16 down to a 10 if I had a cat.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    edited November 2013
    Hertz32 said:
    i got 28...

And I'm 16 ffs...

Naah mate, that's what being 16 does to people.  You haven't walked the path long enough to separate the things that really do matter from the ones that just seem that way.  I'll be 50 in April (I mean, WTF ? where did that come from ? - it was only last week I was getting new trucks for my skateboard, ACS500's if I remember correctly.....   well..... it seems like last week anyway....), 

Fifty.

Jesus..... that came up so fast.... :((

Anyway....  I've forgotten what I was saying now.  Either way, whatever you want to do in life, don't hang around...  because this time next week you'll be 42 and going "errrr.... WTF just happened ??".
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    11, You are generally coping well with the day-to-day pressure you are under.

Should have done better than THAT!  :x

:P
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    To be honest I don't have to worry about money, I'm a kept man. But that's but a shit ton of strain on my relationship, and spending a lot of time by myself, being unproductive is pretty bad for the self esteem. The lack of sleep I'm having at the moment leads to vicious cycle of stress/anxiety.
    My V key is broken
  • tbmtbm Frets: 579
    edited November 2013
    Hertz32 said:
    i got 28...

And I'm 16 ffs...
    Scored 14. Seems about right.
    I'm 34 for and by far the most stress I've ever experienced in my life was becuase of pressure put on me coming up to state exams. You'll be grand, the thing to keep in mind is that if you know what you want to do you'll figure out a way to do it regardless if the exam results go your way. And if you don't know what you want to do it doesn't matter because you've loads of time.

NOW GO HIT THE BOOKS!

Really though, if anyone who's reading this thread is severely stressed or anxious it's important to know that you can get help for it. My sister suffers from Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I've seen first hand the physical and emotional toll it can take. There's free services available if you need to talk and the is no shame in it what-so-ever. The stigma associated with mental illness is slowly but surely being eroded, so if things are getting on top on you, go get help.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • I'm in complete agreement with @tbm.

I am 34 also so obviously we would have taken exams around the same time.  It was incredibly stressful at the time.  That said, and for all the continued criticism of exam standards, I think it is more stressful today than ever due to the standard of results expected.  When I was 16 a result of say 5 As, 3 Bs and a C would have been considered very well done.  I now see parents who's kids are getting 7 As and they don't consider it to be a top bracket result.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.

I am 34 also so obviously we would have taken exams around the same time.  It was incredibly stressful at the time.  That said, and for all the continued criticism of exam standards, I think it is more stressful today than ever due to the standard of results expected.  When I was 16 a result of say 5 As, 3 Bs and a C would have been considered very well done.  I now see parents who's kids are getting 7 As and they don't consider it to be a top bracket result.

'A's were very rare when I did school exams. Can't remember the norm for O-levels, but for A-levels if you got one A you were rather good. If you got 2, you were brilliant, and if you got 3 you were 'kin genius. You could get into uni (Camb/Ox excepted) with 'B's and 'C's.

'A's were very rare when I did school exams. Can't remember the norm for O-levels, but for A-levels if you got one A you were rather good. If you got 2, you were brilliant, and if you got 3 you were 'kin genius. You could get into uni (Camb/Ox excepted) with 'B's and 'C's.
    I agree. Most old people I know are really thick.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited November 2013

I got a 10, which surprised me (in a good way), as most people around me would say I'm a stress head and worrier.

Life today is pretty hard going and of late, the analogy I like to use, particularly at work is "All we're doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    7 good times 
  • Kebabkid;78582" said:
    "All we're doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"
    Brilliant!
    I'll use that in work tomorrow!:)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited November 2013

@suspiciousminds glad you like that one and the same colleague who gave me that gem has been known to use these ones as well - "Don't try and piss in my pocket and tell me it's Perrier" and "You're riding our arses like Zorro" although "If you think I'm going back to my desk and doing that, you can suck my co..."  earned him a final warning. I think it's fair to say he's a very stressed fellow.

Edit: I should also add that the same fellow showed his dissatisfation in a work meeting by saying "You can't polish a turd" to which a quick witted Director retorted "Sure, but you can roll it in glitter"!