Celestion speakers in Marshall JVM & TSL combos

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2350

Can anyone tell me if the Celestion 'Vintage' speaker that comes as standard in JVM & TSL 2x12 combos is the same as a standard Vintage 30?

I've read somewhere that the ones Marshall use are bespoke, and 75w power rating rather than the usual 60w.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72247

StefB said:

Can anyone tell me if the Celestion 'Vintage' speaker that comes as standard in JVM & TSL 2x12 combos is the same as a standard Vintage 30?

As far as I know it is. The other one is a 'Heritage', which is nothing to do with the new Heritage series and seems to be a rebadged G12M-70 or a close relative of it.

StefB said:

I've read somewhere that the ones Marshall use are bespoke, and 75w power rating rather than the usual 60w.

The V30 rating was originally 70W, not 60 - it was changed at some point in the late 90s I think, but Marshall and Mesa stuck with the 70W rating on their custom ones for a while, although Mesa at least have changed now which makes me think Marshall will have too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    Thanks John.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom