Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rob O'Reilly guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    They look a bit cheap in my opinion, and the headstock is really ugly. I think if you're into the aesthetic of weirder guitars you want the build quality to be exceptional
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    But which Waltons in Dublin? There are two one on the hill by the Waltons hotel and one in the centre (the bigger one)
    The shop on South Great Georges Street my friend.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Hymnal said:
    They look a bit cheap in my opinion, and the headstock is really ugly. I think if you're into the aesthetic of weirder guitars you want the build quality to be exceptional
    When I picked it up it did not feel 'cheap'.  I agree with your comment on the headstock shape but the guitar was 'inspired' by Robs sunglasses....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Rocker;76968" said:
    the guitar was 'inspired' by Robs sunglasses....
    Seems a bit shady to me
    :)
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Rocker said:
    Hymnal said:
    When I picked it up it did not feel 'cheap'.  I agree with your comment on the headstock shape but the guitar was 'inspired' by Robs sunglasses....

really? sunglasses?! I suppose the cheap thing is only with regards to the interchangable perspex bit and an ipod dock kind of makes it seem a bit gimmicky. I think a strat hardtail bridge would look better too! 

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I want one, quite like the idea of it and its affordable!
    would make a great stage guitar
  • Designed to be ergonomic, modern and 'designer'. And it does actually look like sunglasses, so I suppose it could pass for 50's futuristic. 

I like it, it's different, well priced, has interchangeable parts (can change pickups) and built in MIDI.  For the price of an epiphone, you can get something different.

If you're in a modern sounding band, a funk band or even a 50's style band, I can see this fitting in nicely.  
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    Has no one realised that it has some similarities to the wangcaster? you would essentially be playing a giant cock and balls!
    yes,  Jal  about 8 posts before you  

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I like that - especially the perspex in the middle so you can slip your own pictures in... Nice price - thought it'd be crazy lots of dosh, but not.

• You're all mad, it's horrendous!   :-S
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    You're all mad, it's horrendous!   :-S

Don't worry, none of them will buy one!

I think he'll struggle to sell the quantity he committed to...was it 2000 a year globally?

No chance.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Should we get a book going on how long it is until one gets used either as a music video prop or gets slung round the neck of Katie Perry/Miley Cyrus/Insert name of generic Poppet here ?
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    edited November 2013
    Funny, sitting here watching The Late Late show on RTE (Irelands biggest chat show) and the guitar player in the house band is playing one of these. And he looks nothing like Katy Perry/Miley Cyrus.
  • bertie said:
    Has no one realised that it has some similarities to the wangcaster? you would essentially be playing a giant cock and balls!
    yes,  Jal  about 8 posts before you  

:D
    Im quite impressed that I missed that
    Old Is Gold
    You could fit a number of LEDs inside the frame -  would look great on a darkened stage.  LEDs would make it a real electric guitar...

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Wow, just noticed that Kodaline seem to be rocking one of these ROR Guitars http://instagram.com/p/hBzOWWvXZA/