SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

**SOLD** Taran Tirga Beag OM Acoustic Guitar handmade Rory Dowling Scotland £1500

paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
edited September 2015 in Acoustics £
**SOLD**
I can't get the text to format nicely in this post, please see 2nd post for details.
More pics here

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    edited September 2015

Taran Tirga Beag (Mk1). £1500 inc P&P in the UK.

A new MkII Tirga Beag in the same woods would be £3300+.

This superb OM style guitar was hand made by Rory Dowling (Taran Guitars) in Edinburgh in 2010.

Click for more details on the Taran website 

It is a slight variation of the standard Taran Tirga Beag model, as the soundboard is a little more curved than usual, which helps with note separation and gives the guitar a wonderful presence when flat picking. With it's thinner side profile it would also suit somebody with shoulder issues. 

This is the guitar that Matheu Watson used to record his album in 2010, and you can hear the guitar in action by viewing the youtube link (the one Matheu is playing in the clip).

* The back and sides are made of Indian Rosewood (solid).

* The top is made of Italian Spruce (solid).

* The neck is Mahogany.

* The bindings are Brazilian Mahogany with Sycamore purfling

* Ebony bridge, pins and fret board

* Brazilian Rosewood head veneer

* Gotoh 510 tuners

* Bone nut and saddle

* Hand carved ebony strap button

It was set up by Rory in 2013 and is in excellent playing condition.

Generally the condition is good with just some normal light surface marks commensurate with play wear, apart from the following cosmetic flaws:

• chip to headstock edge

• light indent to neck rear around the 10th fret (couldn't get it to photograph)

• 3 small dings to the top

• small scratch to the back near the heel

• the hand turned ebony trap button's edge has split off on one side and for safety's sake could do with replacing either with another from Rory or an ordinary metal one 

• and worst of all quite a few finish chips on the binding, especially the tail end – testament to it being a pro musicians, gigging instrument I suspect

It has had an under-saddle pickup fitted previously so the saddle slot and endpin have been drilled. No pickup in it at present but I do have a unwired endpin jack which I'll fit before sale.

Structurally it's perfect.

Recent pictures above and loads more here

I'm not adverse to shipping internationally (within reason) and would expect P&P to be around £50 in the EU and £100 to the States – buyer would be responsible for any duty charges at their end.

I'm open to full or partial trades but don't really want to add any money to the deal unless it's for something exceptional, I also have an Eastman dread for sale which could be added in. I like large bodied acoustics which respond well to a flatpick, I'd also be interested in mandolin family (inc bouzouki and cittern) or banjo family, acoustic amps, recording gear, acoustic pickups/preamps/outoard gear.

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    edited September 2015
    A few videos:

Matheu Watson with it on the right

With its previous owner

And me