SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: the best Les Paul Custom ever, 1999 model

What's Hot
jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 309
edited November 2013 in Guitars £
For sale here is the one guitar I said I'd never sell, but frankly life comes first and needs must - I've got a wedding to pay for and am no longer gigging so sacrifices must be made!

It's a 1999 Gibson Les Paul Custom in alpine white with several customised features such as hand wound Wizard humbuckers (based on the Racer and Progression set), fully overhauled top quality wiring with CTS 500k pots, Graphtech String Saver saddles and locking Gotoh bridge inserts (keep the bridge in place during string changes and improve sustain).

This is one of the pre-Custom Shop models and is by far the best guitar I have ever played, nothing's ever come close. The neck has a really unusual profile, thinner and wider than the Gibson 50's but slightly thicker than the 60's - it's an effortless guitar to play and has recently had a complete fret dress and setup from Jonathan at Feline Guitars, coupled with a low playing action it's ideal for fast solos.

In terms of sound, it's absolutely massive, aggressive at the bridge with the extra snap of an ebony fretboard but smooth and clear at the neck - with a Zendrive and decent amp I lost count of sustain after 2 minutes! It also sounds wonderful clean, but is a rocker at heart.

Weightwise it's around 11lb but balances perfectly on a strap for live use. There are two blemishes in the finish, one just below the bridge and one on the neck, where the finish is slightly lighter, but it's hardly noticeable. The guitar has been gigged in its time and I've had it for ten years, there are a few dings and scratches as you can tell from the pictures but nothing bad and nothing that detracts from the quality of the instrument.

I've tried hundreds of Les Pauls from 70's vintage to modern day Custom Shop examples and this one has been head and shoulders above absolutely every one, whoever gets this will be overjoyed. I'm really sorry to see it go but like I said, priorities change!

I'm looking for £1900 delivered ONO, guitar can be collected from Llanidloes or posted!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments