Roland Microcube through a PA?

siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
edited August 2013 in Amps
I've seen reference on the net to people connecting micro cubes to a PA using the headphone socket.  Given the ease of transporting a micro cube this struck me as potentially a rather neat way of providing a standby amp if my main amp blew a gasket mid-gig. 

What the people who claim to have done this don't ever say is how they connected it together.  I presume this is because it is obvious to anyone who knows anything about sound engineering, unfortunately I know less than nothing.

Could some kind expert please confirm that such a connection is indeed feasible.  If it is then does it need to go via a DI box or not, and if it does, what would be a suitable, reasonably priced DI to do the job?

If you could keep the technical aspects of your answers at a level suitable for a moron then I'll stand a chance of understanding them.

Thanks
“He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited August 2013
    I use mine on the Acoustic setting and it's my main Acoustic sound and preamp.I take a line out to the PA from the Rec.out/phones and it's great-no DI box.
    From memory, the other amp sounds were passable when used in that way, but not realistic and responsive. It's probably better with some pedals in front.
    The amp is a great buy anyway even if it's just for home use :)
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Thanks for that.  I'll do some experimenting then.

I have one that I use for practice hence the question and I agree they are great little amps.  I was very fortunate to pick up a nearly new one off ebay for very little.  :)
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher