Just bought a Red Panda Particle!!!

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219

I bit the bullet (after much drooling from afar) and bought a Red Panda Particle Granular Delay. It looks insane, can't wait to get stuck in with it. The RP Context Reverb looks great as well (next step is stacking 2 reverbs), so may well be getting a bigger board to accommodate that in the near future.

Does/has anyone else own(ed) a Red Panda Particle? What did you think?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Insane, brilliant. Loved sticking it into an SMMH for looping. Lots of time for Red Panda here. 

Stacking reverbs is boring though. A real man stacks granular delays :D

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Really fancy this pedal and the rasta.. so let us know how you get on :)
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Great pedal, capable of so many sweet sounds. If money were no object I would've kept hold of mine for sure.
  • Insane, brilliant. Loved sticking it into an SMMH for looping. Lots of time for Red Panda here. 

Stacking reverbs is boring though. A real man stacks granular delays :D
    That would be a great name for a news anchor: "Hi, I'm Manly Delaystacker, and you're watching CNN..."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    edited October 2015
    I sold mine, but really loved the 'reverse' feature.

Enjoy.
  • I am an owner of one of these. Mines started playing up :-( the switch is noisy as hell when engaged and its been suffering from signal bleed :-( its a shame because it can be brilliant at times
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • meltedbuzzbox;809161" said:
    I am an owner of one of these. Mines started playing up :-( the switch is noisy as hell when engaged and its been suffering from signal bleed :-( its a shame because it can be brilliant at times
    Well that's worrying...
  • I will report back once I get it open and have a butchers
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Good score, that thing looks bonkers
  • Really fancy this pedal and the rasta.. so let us know how you get on :)

Will do... should be delivered today.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok - update

I found the problem. My super duper angry fuzz was upsetting the red panda. 
    I put a buffer inbetween them and hey presto, silent switching and no bleed. 

so there you are kids. Pedal placement can make a difference. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzbox;811929" said:
    Ok - update

I found the problem. My super duper angry fuzz was upsetting the red panda. I put a buffer inbetween them and hey presto, silent switching and no bleed. 

so there you are kids. Pedal placement can make a difference. 
    Great to know, thanks!

Pedal has arrived and getting some AWESOME sounds, but I think there might be a problem.

I'm not sure whether the switch below the red LED light is working, I thought it was supposed to clip the signal, but the sound doesn't seem to change and the red LED light doesn't come on or flash at all.

Is this a fault, or am I being daft?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7779
    according to the manual the switch selects what the expression pedal affects

"expr
    Selects delay/pitch (up) or param (down) as the expression
    pedal destination"
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Paul_C;812159" said:

"expr

pedal destination"
    Cool, thanks. So the light not coming on when I flick the switch is not a fault?
  • Paul_C said:

"expr
    pedal destination"
    he is right. 
  • meltedbuzzbox;812193" said:
    Paul_C said:

"expr

pedal destination"

he is right. 
    Alright, so (and sorry for being a Luddite here), as I'm not using an expression pedal, both the switch an the red LED light will never be in use/come on?
  • sounds about right... its been ages since I plugged an expression pedal in. 
  • Excellent, relieved I didn't receive a faulty one now. Thanks for all your help. This pedal is fantastic. The dens delay mode is something else...
  • I am currently using dens as well. 

I was using dtune as well earlier. Had some great synth/organ/12 string sounds going on
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7779
    Paul_C;812159" said:

"expr

pedal destination"
    Cool, thanks. So the light not coming on when I flick the switch is not a fault?
    the manual says :

LEDs
    The upper LED blinks red when clipping occurs.
    The lower LED is blue when the effect is engaged.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister