SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Electric Baroque

What's Hot
I want an electric band (with the usual drums & bass rhythm section) playing Baroque music. IMO it requires only one guitarist (that's me) but needs keys, brass, strings, reeds, woodwind - anything that would make the music work & sound interesting - so anything from early instruments to saxes & synths. Would also play a little from the Renaissance (going earlier) but 1600-1750 is really where I want to be getting the music from.

As this is a guitar forum I don't expect to be getting a lot of takers, but who thinks it could work, who thinks there's a market for it (or where to look for that market), who knows anyone who might be up for it?

Any comments?
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FrancesKFrancesK Frets: 0
    edited November 2015
    Hi Phil or Pip
    You don't say where you are based. Let me know please & I'll take it from there! Probably I should PM but new user only looking now at the tools.
  • Suffolk, 10mi northeast of Bury St Edmunds to be precise

Thanks for taking an interest. Wossyer instrument?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    @Phil_aka_Pip .. I think it could work. Plenty of old prog rock acts from the 70s still going .. a little bit of Baroque N' Roll could be entertaining.

I know you like this .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited November 2015
    @Fretwired love it! The Holy sound of a Hammond :) Have a wow

Mr Bass Player worked hard didn't he
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    edited November 2015
    ...but who thinks it could work, who thinks there's a market for it (or where to look for that market)...

Any comments?
    It's a big world, there's a market for anything. 

This lot, Collegium Musicum have been earning a bob or two with this shtick since the 70s.  I heard about them from a friend who used to see them when she lived in Prague. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Grunfeld excellent stuff have a wow :)
    @Grunfeld .. have a wow .. never heard of them before .. :-)

The late Rick van der Linden with Pierre van der Linden (no relative) in Trace ...