B-Band UST replacement

WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
edited October 2015 in Acoustics
After owning my Tanglewood TW47 for five years, it started displaying the usual uneven string volume issue. I had never been happy with the transducer as it did no justice to the beautiful rounded tones that a solid mahogany body produces acoustically.

I did a bit of reading and discovered that B-Band do a transducer called a BB-1470 for the A3T preamp that sticks on the bridgeplate.

I got my wallet out and invested but NOOOO!!! The Bridge Doctor that I fitted six months ago was in the way. I was going to send it back but I noticed that on a few forums, people had stuck them on the back of the sound board. That's what I did and it's now fantastic with no howl or feedback whatsoever. Three inches to the side of the bridge on the bass string side to be exact.

A result that I thought you should know about. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    I love the B-band electrics I put in my simon&patrick acoustic. I went with the A2 preamp which has got both the UST and the AST that you've just fitted. I find that both of them give a really lovely and natural sounding tone, although live I more commonly play with the UST as I haven't got around to making up a cable which just takes the AST as a mono-out (the preamp I've got gives a stereo output without a way of blending them into a mono).
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom