pa mixamp footswitch wierdness?

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
The singer in one of my bands has a studiomaster powerhouse mixeramp we used for rehearsing and small gigs - I've tried 3 different footswitches to operate the effects.
Everyone does the same thing - you nned to tap it twice to turn the effects on and tap it twice to turn them off.

I had a quick search and it looks like I should be using a stereo jack instead of the mono switches I've tried but I can't see why it would work if you tap it twice...

Any ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    You need a momentary footswitch.

That's one that only makes contact while you're pressing it, so it goes on-off when you tap it once. You have latching footswitches, which change to the other state and then stay there, so to go on-off you need to press it twice.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749

ICBM said:
    You need a momentary footswitch.

That's one that only makes contact while you're pressing it, so it goes on-off when you tap it once. You have latching footswitches, which change to the other state and then stay there, so to go on-off you need to press it twice.
    That's so obvious now you point it out!

Thanks - I'll go and sheepishly order one and try to hide my shame lol