NPD - TC Hypergravity Compressor

Was really excited about this as I've never used compression before and I was thinking this would transform my tone. However - the review will have to wait as my brand new pedal doesn't work! I've tried it powered by my fuel tank on my pedalboard and by a single boss style 100ma psu running straight from the guitar into the amp with no other pedals and no joy. The led lights up but all that happens is white noise in the amp which changes as the knobs are turned. Guitar guitar now sending a replacement on Monday but pretty disappointed with TC quality control!
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16256
    edited May 2017
    @ellandroadhero  sorry for the Discussion resurrection, how did it go with the replacement? Or anyone else out there using a Hypergravity? There have been a couple in the classifieds on here but I couldn't find much comment about use. 

I have half an eye to the mini version; I looked it up on Ovnilab ( compressor web site)and he won't review recent TC pedals as he finds them so unreliable. My past experience with compressors suggests I'm a bit shit at dialling them in so an appropriate toneprint and minimum twiddling has a strong appeal, but no good if the pedal won't work. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I loved it when i got the replacement. I'll never go without compression again! I literally just sold mine earlier this week though because I'm buying a Helix but I loved all the different types of compression you could get with the toneprint options. I'd thoroughly recommend it, not sure you can get a better compressor at this price point. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16256
    Cheers :smile: I guess that was a year or so of use so a good run in. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Yeah. I found the setting I wanted on it and then it just stayed on constantly!