British blues on a '59 Burst ...

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
I have a soft spot for Bernie Marsden .. he was in the best incarnation of Whitesnake IMHO. Here is playing one of his own compositions on 'the Beast' a 1959 Les Paul ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Whilesnake were a great band with Marsden and Moody. I can see why Coverdale too the band in a different direction, but it's a shame as they were absolute classic British blues rock.

Nice track, and a REALLY sweet looking guitar - especially with the close-ups.

Seems a little strange to play a beautiful old Gibson and then promote a PRS SE at the end?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great player and comes across as such a nice bloke. That guitar is utterly gorgeous, I was quite disappointed not to see it live when he toured last year, but I guess the value of it restricts him turning up with it for a gig in Bilston (he used his PRS prototype)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    axisus said:

Seems a little strange to play a beautiful old Gibson and then promote a PRS SE at the end?
    Agree, but I guess he has to earn a living. Personally I don't like the Bernie Marsden PRS.

• Fretwired said:
    axisus said:

Agree, but I guess he has to earn a living. Personally I don't like the Bernie Marsden PRS.
    Well you can get the Gibson Collectors Choice Beast now (my lottery win first purchase....only flaw in my plan is I don't do the lottery, oh well). 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Lovely playing but I hate the constantly changing video angles & monochrome.  Reminds me of the video work on Pink Floyd's tours - great music but switch the TV off and just listen.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Up to 2:00, underwhelming in terms of track, sound and playing.
    Let's see if it gets better. :) ...
  • Nope, sorry.  :-S
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    His Electraglide cut (I think that's what it's called) from the same series of vids is MUCH nicer all round.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    ddlooping said:
    Up to 2:00, underwhelming in terms of track, sound and playing.
    Let's see if it gets better. :) ...
    @ddlooping It's from a jam track series which is why it's 'basic' .. I still like it though .. you can buy the CD and tab ...