Flashback X4 and Hot Stone Deluxe problems: NOW FIXED.

DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
edited November 2013 in FX
Using my power supply it won't save the presets, all the latest firmware etc and no joy.

Anyone else had this issue before?

I bought it used and I really like the sound of it but it's pretty much useless to me like this.

:-(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It is a reasonable thirsty beast, do you have it being fed by the higher output section? I found it forgot presets until I updated the firmware, then no problems since. Does it save presets but lose them when your turn it off and on again?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I do mate. 

400ma section, latest firmware and the issue only happens when I switch it off. 

So annoying having spent good amount of time setting it up last night. 
    Ah!!

When the software updater says "firmware uploaded" it doesn't actually mean that. You have to load the pedal into BOOT mode by holding down a button whilst switching it on first. Then when you next successfully upload it, ALAKAZAM! It works. 

Cheers.  
  • Good stuff, glad to hear it's fixed. Yeah it's a real pain when it forgets the presets - I had a couple of presets from toneprints, and then replaced the toneprints in slot 1-4. I recommend filling the toneprint slots with the modulations and sci fi sounds from the toneprint archive/presets on the toneprint editor. You might not use them that often, but you are much more likely to use them than a slightly different sounding tape delay!
    I'll take your advice up on that mate. 

Cheers.