Oil City Wiring harnesses

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10371
    tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:
    Looking to upgrade my LP Standard 2014 in the not too distant future. I don't really use the coil splits but I do use the phase push pull pot on the neck tone pot quite a lot though. 

Is this something you could incorporate into a prewired harness? 
    I could indeed ... wired with the top quality CTS push/pull long shaft/vintage taper pot!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Fantastic. Thanks for getting back to me. Will drop you a note come payday :)
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Hi Ash,

Any chance of doing a PRS-style one volume/one tone/three way switch type, and if so, how much do you reckon it would be? It could do me a job for the PRS kit I'm working on.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    tFB Trader
    Hi Ash,

Any chance of doing a PRS-style one volume/one tone/three way switch type, and if so, how much do you reckon it would be? It could do me a job for the PRS kit I'm working on.
    Should be no real problem ... the only issue I see is not having a PRS template (or demo instrument) handy to measure the wire run lengths. Around £45.00 with our PIO cap and treble bleed seems about right.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited April 2016
    Seems fine to me.

I don't know if these will help, but as pointed out to me in my incoming kit thread by @Andyjr1515, there are some diagrams here.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • boydie101boydie101 Frets: 18
    Looking at ordering another harness but for my Sterling AX3. Just opened up the back to see some horrible looking pots and wires!
    tFB Trader
    A look at our new laser cut packaging :-)
    Much easier to post out to you guys ... and easy for us to wire up!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks vaguely familiar.. http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b625/stimpsonslostson/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20160513_194104233_zpscrtrrukt.jpg

I installed it this evening (progress pic below)
    http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b625/stimpsonslostson/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20160513_200612620_zps8wewe8dl.jpg

All fitted perfectly & the soldering was simple. I couldn't be happier with it, I can't believe the difference the harness has made to the sound of the guitar!

Thanks again @TheGuitarWeasel
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • derndern Frets: 357
    @TheGuitarWeasel... Do you do a wiring harness that would suit a 2012 LP Studio to replace the IC? The guitar has pull/push coil splitting on the volume controls.

Thanks,

Mark
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    now we are talking, that looks really good!

A look at our new laser cut packaging :-)
    Much easier to post out to you guys ... and easy for us to wire up!

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    tFB Trader
    dern said:
    @TheGuitarWeasel... Do you do a wiring harness that would suit a 2012 LP Studio to replace the IC? The guitar has pull/push coil splitting on the volume controls.

Thanks,

Mark
    Dare say I could make one up without much hassle

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Have only just seen the packaging. Very classy! 
    tFB Trader
    Basher said:
    Have only just seen the packaging. Very classy! 
    Laser cutters rule!

• derndern Frets: 357
    dern said:

Thanks,

Mark
    Dare say I could make one up without much hassle
    Would you mind Pm'ing me with a quote please? Happy to continue to use the existing jack and switch.

Thanks.