Awesome podcast of interviews with musicians/biz people: The Double Stop with Brian Sword

DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I've mentioned this a couple of times already on the forum, time it had its own thread!

Just check out the episode list to see the amazing list of interviewees: http://thedoublestop.com/episodes/

I've been streaming from Soundcloud, easy peasy. 

There's a fair 80s/90s hard rock slant going on here, which I of course really dig. I found the podcast by accident googling for interviews with Joey Tafolla and was riveted to his tale of trying to make it as a Shrapnel shredder.

The interviews with producers/engineers were particularly interesting for me to listen to, as they told the tale of working on some of my favourite albums with my favourite players from an entirely new angle for me. I hooted quite a bit at Bob St. John's talk of how difficult Nuno is, for example.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I finished listening to every last single solitary episode a few weeks back.

I loved some episodes with people I'd never heard of more than some with established favourites of mine.

Just seen Brian has recorded his comeback episode!
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited October 2016
    Do these last longer than 5-10mins? :p
  • Why is colon p showing angry face? :lol:

@Thomasross20 Err, some of these are two hours long, Tigger! Totally worth every minute of listening, though.

That's how you get an angry smiley on here.

• Two hours!! Jesus! :D
    You don't actually have to sit still when you listen, you know! I fully realise you can't even do that for two minutes...
  • :) just checked out the site - that's a lot of interviews. Nuno is difficult to work with? Maybe I can listen to these during the drive to work :)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Started listening to these on Friday, thanks for the heads up, really enjoyed the Michael Thompson ones.
    @duotone Thompson was great on Tim and Pete's too! Watch that on YT.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    DLM said:
    @duotone Thompson was great on Tim and Pete's too! Watch that on YT.
    Thanks I listened to some of it last night before falling asleep. Never heard of that channel before (although I sometime was Tim Pierces channel) so cheers again for that!

@duotone What I've seen has always been shown on either Tim's or Pete's channel. I think they alternate. They have done some great episode with (other!) really killer players.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Some of the best musician podcasts on the web - really good ...been a fan for a long time.
    Brian has taken some time out but good to hear he is back.
    Yes they last a good hour or more but make great listening on a commute or a long walk or for working on a project

Highly recommended!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

W00t!

Oh yeah, baby!

The Double Stop finally returns!

Great interview with Micajah Ryan, who was assistant engineer on G'n'R's Appetite for Destruction and also worked on several Megadeth and Bob Dylan albums...  

Making things even better, I was able to scroll backward in forward within the latest episode on Soundcloud's mobile web interface in Chrome.

http://i.imgur.com/Fl9aD5x.gif