Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So ..... anyone ever had a mullett?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
Probably the worst hairstyle ever! I have never been remotely fashionable so I never had one, but I knew people who did. They look unbelievably bad, how was that ever considered a good idea?????

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    When I was 11. That was 30 yr ago so am exempt from shame. ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    In Switzerland it never stopped being fashionable.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    Wasn't it an amalgam of two haircuts? The spiky post-punk of the early 80s married with Def Leppardish hair metal of the mid-to-late 80s? Like: "I'm still a bit rebellious but I'm also glam as all hell." Possibly just my theory. But a damn good one.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    JohnPerry;80780" said:
    Wasn't it an amalgam of two haircuts? The spiky post-punk of the early 80s married with Def Leppardish hair metal of the mid-to-late 80s? Like: "I'm still a bit rebellious but I'm also glam as all hell." Possibly just my theory. But a damn good one.

Might o been. Me mam cut mine tho. Think it was a Darwinistic development of the mixing bowl technique.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Yep, when I was 15 (1987), it wasn't a full on Paul King Mullet, but it would have still been classed as one. I gradually grew it out and I can tell you they were only "fashionable" depending on which school you went to.

They weren't fashionable in my school, but I was 6' 3" by the time I was 15, so I didn't get any "proper" hassle. 

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • No. When I was a rebellious teenager I just grew my hair long. And for the most part, kept it that way ever since.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I'm afraid I did, in 1985 just before I went to university. I quickly came to my senses and by the second term it was gone, to be replaced by a post-punk/indiekid flattop.

Lots of people had them then though, and most looked pretty cool!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24301
    I had a red mullet once.  Very tasty it was too.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited November 2013
    viz said:

What the hell's a business party in the .. in the front-back?
    @Viz,
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Never. I had a "wedge" though. Mullets seem to be popular around here at the moment, on kids. I think it's disgusting.
    My V key is broken
  • Mullets, the only hair cut that seemed to be adopted by the whole family

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24301
    holnrew said:
    Never. I had a "wedge" though. Mullets seem to be popular around here at the moment, on kids. I think it's disgusting.

Yeah, but you live in Newcastle-upon-1982.  Think positive... you've still got raves, the dot com bubble and dolly the sheep to come.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    @handsome_chris thanks for the clarification :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72313
    No, even though I was 16 in 1983… I had a John Taylor (Duran Duran) style, but that's not quite a mullet since it's not short at the sides. It did still require large amounts of hair stuff and mirror time though :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Yeah, I was going for the Jason Newstead shaved at the sides thing but bottled it and ended up looking like Biily Ray Cyrus. A shameful addition to my lexicon of bad haircuts. It didn't last long though thankfully.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72313
    Yeah, I was going for the Jason Newstead shaved at the sides thing but bottled it and ended up looking like Biily Ray Cyrus.
    As long as you don't have a daughter who thinks she's a rebel, it's OK ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    in my twenties in the  mid 80s ?    did I have a mullet ?      of course   
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited November 2013
    octatonic said:
    In Oz/NZ it never stopped being fashionable.
    corrected for truth
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.