How to post pics, Picasa

This discussion was created from comments split from: Posting pictures ~ a little help.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Picasa

You have to configure the settings on an album so that you can embed the images elsewhere (ie here).

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    edited March 2017
    [edit]
    Since Google discontinued Picasa and moved everyone to Google Photos, it's impossible to embed images from there onto here (or anywhere else if my reading of all the online debate is correct).

So, don't use Picasa / Google Photos.

If you've got a load of content on Picasa / Google Photos, look at cloudsfer to migrate to a better host, painlessly.
    [/edit]

This is actually my preferred photo management tool.

It's a free Google application, available for both Windows & Mac machines.  Download link.

Install it on your machine, and it will index the folders that you tell it to, showing thumbnails of all the photos in all of the included folders.  From there, it's easy to find the photo that you want and open it in the Picasa editor.  The editor includes basic editing tools (ie crop, contrast, colour, etc tools), and a handy "upload" button to upload the selected pic to your Google account / cloud storage.

So far, so easy - and so free.

When I last looked, I had >15Gb of Google storage.  All free.

You can create separate on-line albums, either to organise the uploaded photos or to control access to them.  

Once you've set the properties on the album and selected an individual photo, you'll see an option to "link to this photo" in the sidebar on the right of the screen.  There are options to link, or embed, select the size of the image to link/embed, and select whether to show the full album link or just to embed the image.

I generally use the latter - embed image option - with the "large" size (which is restricted to 800px).

Copy the code from the "embed image" box in Picasa, click on the "insert image" button on the textbox toolbar here and paste the copied code in.

Job done.

Easy, free, no annoying pop-ups, ads, etc.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.