Bugera bass heads?

ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
Thomman have what looks like a copy of an SVT ss head for about £160. Our bassist needs something with -plenty of beef - anyone tried these?

Any thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24201
    RacerDeth / Vainmaiden / Nick has one.

Reckons it's very good, really beefy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Nah… you don't want that… you want… THIS

http://www.thomann.de/gb/bugera_btx3600_nuke.htm

Look at the power… and the price!

I assume they're discounted because no-one bought them. Admittedly finding a cabinet that will handle it could be the problem, although there's no way that power rating can be genuine RMS (… sorry Dave!). The maximum mains input power can only be 2300W because it has a 10A-rate IEC power connector, so the true output can't be over 2000W and probably a bit less than that.

Still a *lot*of beef, though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Pulled the trigger on the nuke. The clips sounded ok and for £160 it's a no brainer. As long as it has enough beef to match my jmp 2203 then we are laughing.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    edited November 2015

@fretmeister @RacerDeth How the devil is Nick? Does that mean he's still playing? :)
    Reverend said:
    Pulled the trigger on the nuke. The clips sounded ok and for £160 it's a no brainer. As long as it has enough beef to match my jmp 2203 then we are laughing.
    Assuming you have a cab - or more likely two - that will handle up to 2000W, yes… :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    edited November 2015
    Usually will be using svt cabs I'd imagine. Won't be any need to crank this up too high.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    "The Nuke" is one hell of a name for an amp.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24201
    DLM said:

@fretmeister @RacerDeth How the devil is Nick? Does that mean he's still playing? :)
    He's fine! He's playing and experimenting with pickups and he's playing a bit more bass these days.

And he spends a lot of time painting those tiny die-cast models he likes. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

@fretmeister

Thanks! If I ever make it over to FB I'll look him up.

• My dad has a couple of those bass heads (badged Behringer, but the same thing). Both are incredibly good value, though I'd say the Ashdown knock-off sounded better than the Ampeg one. The Ampeg one was stupidly heavy to lift, considering it was mainly empty box though
    Both are incredibly good value, though I'd say the Ashdown knock-off sounded better than the Ampeg one.
    The Ashdown knock-off is better made than an Ashdown too!

Although as jpfamps said, that's perhaps not setting the bar very high… but they are quite decent in fact.