SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

sold

leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
edited March 2014 in Amps £
ev
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good price Lee you no like?
  • Its great mate but im buying the new 100s they are bringing out so selling this and one of my half stacks to pay for it!
  • Whoa! I fancy hearing one of them mate!
  • yes bloody dear tho mate , you cant get the heads on their own, half stack only to the tune of £2699!
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2124
    The new 100's...
    Are they the special edition ones that GG have in stock?
    Think they have it up for £2699 for the pair?
  • Nerine said:
    The new 100's...
    Are they the special edition ones that GG have in stock?
    Think they have it up for £2699 for the pair?
    yes tahy havent got them yet preorders at the mo wont land till jan
  • If the striped series is anything to go by you'll be lucky to see them by a year January!
  • Nah they will be here soon matey i have it on good authority!
  • seems a bit of a swizz to have a signature amp, then another version that EVH actually uses...

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I got this message from EVH/Fender recently:

Hi Drew,

The circuit changes that would be required to minimize this jump were unacceptable to Eddie during the design process. Channel two is sacred… no changes allowed. When we attempted to alter channel one- the sound changed. It was not as clean and Eddie did not like it.

The fix…?

Leave the gain settings at 50%. This not only makes the amplifier sound much better in professional settings but it also minimizes the jump allowing for just a slight boost. Which, when changing to a distorted/overdrive channel a boost is usually desired. That is… if you like the dynamics of the change.

I had to LOL.... release an amp with a very obvious design flaw, and then release another one a year later that is apparently the ultimate EVH amp now.... ehehehe
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    edited November 2013
    seems a bit of a swizz to have a signature amp, then another version that EVH actually uses...
    not really , the 5150 iii 100 hasnt been updated since 2008 and i dont really care for eddies tone too much but the amps i love and fit what i do perfect tried the lot boutique and high end amps and nothing beats these imho

And the volume jump on the 50 isnt really an issue live and for half the price of the full head i wouldnt expect fender to make the 50 with 3 independant channels as then they wouldnt be getting sales on the full size!
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited November 2013
    Drew_fx said:
    I got this message from EVH/Fender recently:

Hi Drew,

The circuit changes that would be required to minimize this jump were unacceptable to Eddie during the design process. Channel two is sacred… no changes allowed. When we attempted to alter channel one- the sound changed. It was not as clean and Eddie did not like it.

The fix…?

Leave the gain settings at 50%. This not only makes the amplifier sound much better in professional settings but it also minimizes the jump allowing for just a slight boost. Which, when changing to a distorted/overdrive channel a boost is usually desired. That is… if you like the dynamics of the change.

I had to LOL.... release an amp with a very obvious design flaw, and then release another one a year later that is apparently the ultimate EVH amp now.... ehehehe
    I can kinda get it though - it's his amp, so it'll sound the way he wants it to, and that wonderful lead channel...  The lead channel has been the same since the days of Peavey as far as I know, but for the odd minor mod maybe... I love the crunch mode, too.

But yes, they will keep doing minor tweaks to keep everyone lining up.  Just like the 59 reissue LP's...

To be fair, I'd buy a 6505+ or a EVH 5153 for the lead channel and the rest is more of an add on. 

I love the 'leave the gain at 50%... Sounds much better in professional settings'.  Fairly certain we decide what sounds best, not Fender or Eddie :)

EDIT: Great price, good luck with the sale :)