Yet another power supply question (sorry...)

What's Hot
IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
Right, just bought a Pedaltrain Nano to make a super-compact pedalboard with just my AKG WMS40 wireless receiver, a pedal tuner (haven't picked one up yet, likely be a Pitchblack or a TU2) and a distortion (Boss ODB3 when using the board for bass, SD1 when guitar). 

My quandry lies in that I'll obviously have to have a power supply for the wireless (12V centre-positive), and while I should be able to source a nice compact in-line one that'll sit under the Nano (3cm clearance, should be fine) and I've got a ready source of 9V batteries for the two pedals, I'm going to have to remember to partially unplug the tuner and distortion after gigs or flatten the batteries. 

The question is, is it do-able to run the pedals from the same PSU as the wireless? I'd obviously need to buy or make a polarity-reverse power cable to make the power centre-negative, but am I likely to run into problems long-term running them on 12V? My gut instinct says they should be fine, but as we've a few experts on here I thought I'd pick your collective brains - any advice appreciated! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments