fishman rare earth p up picking up radio signals

midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2342
edited November 2015 in Acoustics
just bought a used fishman rare earth pickup but picks up radio signals. tried different leads, amps, places round the house but same. is there somethng i can do to eliminate or should i send it back.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• anyone help?   when i touch the pickup the radio signal is very loud.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72228
    Sounds like it's faulty. I've never come across one that does that.

Contact the seller and see what they say.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• weird, its seems to be ok now, i cant make it do that now even if i want.  will try it in the morning and see. maybe we have some weird radio thing going on around here thats stopped. a bit disconcerting. I eamiled seller, he says he never had a problem, i believe him.wonder if my 3 leads are a bit dodgy, but as i say, its seems ok at the moment.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Taxi nearby?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445
    You haven't got a deaf neighbour with a hearing aid induction loop have you?
  • I remember in the days of plugging in my Satellite into my parents' Radiogram (through the 5-pin DIN socket for a tape recorder), hearing loud and clear, one half of a conversation on illegal 27MHz CB radio. I recognised the voice, it was one of my friends from school!
  • took it into electrohill and he tried it on one of his amps. said it was a broken earth connection, by wiggling the wire it came and went. reckons he knows where the break is and can cut and splice it., good bloke. I should really return it to the ebayer  but if its an easy fix id rather not be bothered with the hassle